Chapter 4

She spent the next few hours unpacking her things from her office that she had deemed completely necessary to be in her office at the new base. She was on her second to the last box when a slight knock on the door had her poke her head over a stack of boxes.

"Can I help you?", she asked as she didn't recognize the person standing there.

"I don't think so Princess.", He said. He seemed calm and collected, but something about him sent shivers down her spine. He took a step into the office, and she slid the box cutter open two more slots, quietly as she stayed behind the boxes. The floor was, and she knew that no one could come if she called out. The tingle on her spine and now the energy running through her veins took over.

"Then you should leave.", she said.

"I can't do that.", He stated as he took one step further into the office. She still had five boxes guarding her and in between him and her.

"Leave.", she said rather forcefully.

"So cute when scared. I knew this would be perfect.", he stated.

"Who the hell are you?", she asked.

"No one important, Princess.", He stated again taking one step further into the room. She looked at his hands and saw they were dry and cracked. His arms were well built as well. He had to be one of the movers as he was not one of the team members. She wondered what the hell was going on. He moved lighting fast as he rounded the boxes but he gave her just enough time to grab her id set and bolt around the other side of boxes. She felt his hand swipe the back of her shirt and knew he had been that close. She didn't know the building like the back of her hand yet, but she did know how to get around, at least to what she deemed certain safety. She bolted down the hallway only stopping to grab the heavy staircase doors to hear him swear and follow her. She was only down one flight of stairs when she heard him enter the stairwell. He was taking the stairs three or four at a time. Thinking the stairs was not the best idea she upped her pace. Trying to figure out which floor to get off of where there might be people, anyone who could help her she didn't want to use force but she would if need be. When that thought ran through her head, he grabbed her hair and pulled her back. She stopped as she was slammed into the wall nearly face first.

"Bitch, now you're going to pay for running from me.", He growled. She was disoriented but still able to think for the moment. She felt the tension in his arm start again as he slammed her again into the wall. She twisted and groaned again as she felt the wind get knocked out of her. She realized she still had the box cutter in her hand but one more blow into the wall she would be knocked out. As she felt the wind up again, she twisted and plunged the cutter into his side missing any vital organs but enough for him to let her go and grab his side. He stumbled backward and then she felt the slam of his fist above her eye. She kicked him in the chest and began her descent down the stairs once more but not at a fast pace. She could feel the place above her eye swell and then she heard him start to follow her again.

She reached the back of the first floor where two secured doors and she was never so happy. She scanned her card and pulled open the doors as she heard the stairwell door open behind her. She pulled the door shut behind her and then collapsed against the secured door. She was vaguely aware of people running toward her, but for her, it was too late to do anything, darkness took over.

She was barely awake when she heard the conversations going on around her. "What the hell happened?", she heard Nobunaga say.

"Why aren't the camera's on the third floor working?", she heard Mitsunari ask.