stepping out of the shadows 4

RECAP:

Instead I simply smiled at her.

"You will help me, won't you?" she pleaded.

"You're asking my help?" I asked a little surprised.

"Yes."

"We're not even that close!"

"Well, close enough and you're even sitting next to him!! Come on Eve! Help out your love-sick sister!"

I rolled my eyes at that.

"Please!!" she begged hugging me.

"fine." I said.

Her smile became wider and hugged me again.

"Adrian is so mine! No one's getting my way!" she said excitedly.

I don't why, but I didn't feel so good.

The next morning I woke up early and went for a jog. Last night's conversation with Julie kept playing over and over again in my head. Why the hell am I even thinking about it? I sighed. I shouldn't care. I don't care.

I usually feel sorry for the guys she date but this time; I felt Julie is going to be victim. It's like she finally met her match. Maybe Adrian is more dangerous than I think. This is going to be bad. I can't make Julie change her mind, by now she would have already laid down her plan. I don't want to spoil her fun.

I hurriedly ran back home and got in the shower and dressed in my usual unattractive attire. Then I ran down to the kitchen to find Julie already seated at the counter and happily eating her breakfast.

"Good morning!" she chirped.

"morning." I said

I sat beside her. She looked at me and smiled.

"Wow, you really do like him."

She blushed.

"Where's sally?" I asked

"Oh she couldn't come today too. But I fixed breakfast."

I stared at her shocked.

"You made breakfast?" I asked.

She rolled her eyes, then she got off the stool.

"Got to go. See you in school." She said and ran out of the door.

I sighed. The things people do when they're in love.

I gulped down my milk but didn't eat my sandwich. Not because it looked like a car ran over it but because I wasn't hungry.

I grabbed my bag on the counter and walked out of the house. I was greeted with the cool autumn wind. I smiled. I have always enjoyed my long walk to school. I sighed when I reached school. I readjusted my spectacles and walked towards the big gate.

The school was filled with noisy people. Their pointless conversation about their last shopping trip found its way into my ears which only made me annoyed. I walked faster to class. There were only a few students in the classroom. I went to my seat, I took out my history book and started going through the pages we did yesterday. It wasn't that tough. I like history. Its very int-

"Someone's early this morning."

I looked and saw that the jerk had taken his place next to mine.

"I'm always early." I said and went back to reading my book.

I could see him staring at me.

"You're going to bore a hole through my face." I said with my eyes still fixed to the book.