03:00

first kiss

when we broke up, you didn't even kiss me goodbye

"I really like you." He whispers as if anyone could hear us outside this closet.

I couldn't hide the blush creeping on my cheeks but he may have said this to every other girl that bats an eyelash at him. Or maybe he knew I had a crush on him and just said that to tease me, I'll never know. To him, this was nothing more than a stupid game of 7 minutes in heaven. But for me, this was special. He was going to be my first kiss.

I've thought about it so many times in my head and made up countless scenarios of how it will happen and who it'll be with. One of the things I didn't expect was having my first kiss with him at a sixth-grade house party. I happened to pass by a crowd of people playing spin the bottle and got dragged into joining by one of my friends. The next thing I knew, I was stuck in a dingy closet with my crush waiting to get kissed.

"Have you kissed anyone before?" He asks.

I lied, "Yes, last summer."

"With who?"

"A guy from camp."

I felt like he knew I was lying but he never said anything about it. Right before our time was up, he kissed me on the lips.

I blurted out, "This is my first kiss."

He laughed.

I felt my face get red knowing that I had just ruined the moment. He leaned in and whispered in my ear, "Mine too but don't tell anyone, okay?"

Just then the door opened and before I could reply, he left and was on his way to talk to his friends. I lingered by the doorway a minute longer thinking about how I was his first kiss. We were each other's first kisses.