Chapter Two: Recollection

Lucifer had walked through the Garden for a few hours, contemplating on whether to tell Adam of . Adam was basically God on Earth, technically he could even be called the Son of God, so one could understand Lucifer's hesitance.

Then again, Adam was the closest friend Lucifer had in all of creation, it would only be right to let him know. Yes, Adam needed to know. Lucifer turned around and walked back, he hoped that Adam would still be there by the river. He had walked for a while and decided he was moving too slowly and with the single thought of Adam in mind, Lucifer instantly vanished.

He was instantly seated on a log besides an extremely beautiful man, his senses bombarded with the ethereal beauty of the now dubbed Euphrates River, he couldn't resist taking a deep breath once again before exhaling.

"Adam, about what you asked me earlier..."

Lucifer turned to face Adam who stared at him with a smile on his face

"Why are you smiling?" Lucifer asked, confused

"No it's nothing, it's just that I'm happy you decided to tell me what was bothering you ShemuEl" Adam said, with his smile still beaming at Lucifer

"Isn't that what you wanted?" Lucifer asked, tilting his head and furrowing his brows

"Well yes, but when you left I thought you had made up your mind on not telling me"

"I had" Lucifer exhaled

"Then why the change?"

Lucifer looked straight ahead into the glassy waters and spoke, "It wouldn't have been fair to you. Adam, you are my closest friend, I would even consider you closer to me than my brothers..."

Lucifer then turned to face Adam with the glimmer of a smile, "... and that, is why I changed my mind, Adam"

The smile on Adamah's face brightened even more as he stretched out his right hand to Lucifer, who also stretched out his own right hand and grabbed onto Adam's forearm as Adam grabbed onto his. In that moment, Lucifer felt a bond with Adam, a bond almost as strong as the one he had with the Father, but not a bind between Creator and createe, neither a bond between Father and son, but a bond between Brothers.

Adam let go, prompting Lucifer to do same, "So, tell me ShemuEl, what was it that plagued your mind" Adam said, returning to his former position

Lucifer took another deep breath, "Words would not be sufficient, it would be best to show you"

Immediately Lucifer spoke those words, the scenery around Adam warped and twisted and all of a sudden went pitch black, with the only source of light being Adam's own divine glow.

Everything began to take form again and Adam found himself in a bright room. The room had a ceiling which was made of what looked like living darkness, upon closer inspection however, he could see several celestial bodies moving within the darkness.

An adornment suspended in mid air, it appeared to be made of clear crystal with seven candle-holds each containing a rare gem that he recognized; ruby, beryl, onyx, emerald, topaz, diamond and sapphire at it's edges serving as a form of light source, as they emitted a brightness that filled the room with colors.

The floor was made of gold and the floor before what looked like a risen platform leading to a massive seat was covered with a red rug, the pillars had a design like that of the Olympian columns and was as white as snow. The seat on the elevated platform was large.

Adam, who had created a way to measure heights in what he called 'feet', looked at this chair knew it was about 25 feet high, and on it sat a being of pure, radiant bright white light. He had a ring-like adornment of a rainbow on His head, He wore a red robe, gold cuffs that covered His forearms, a golden girdle that had the inscription of YAHWEH on it, and golden sandals. His countenance was so bright that it was as though He was the source of light in the throne room.

"Father?" Was all Adam could let out before hearing Lucifer's voice in his head, "Focus Adam, he is not actually here, you are reliving my memory. Like I said, words will not be sufficient, but a show will"

The First Man looked around and noticed that beside the large throne were other little thrones, 12 by the left and 12 by the right which when summed equalled 24 thrones. Men were on those thrones, they had bright countenances as well, but nothing like Father's. He could see their faces, they had white hair, slight wrinkles on their faces, and they had white beards, white robes, golden sandals and a golden crown on their heads.

Adam turned to his left and saw a tall, muscular man, who possessed bright red hair that swayed around as though it were a flame. He had a strong but handsome face, fiery red eyes, he wore armour made of pure gold, the breastplate had the sign of a cross on it and had seven stars arranged close to the collar region, it had a red cape that hung lowly on his back, he had a sword sheath that held only a sword handle in it. He gave off this aura of an army general that has had countless years of battle experience, which seemed to be the case.

"Michael, my least favorite of your brothers. I don't think he likes me."

He then turned to his right and saw Gabriel who, unlike the stern and intimidating look Michael expressed, had a more calm and relaxed expression on his face. Upon closer inspection, Gabriel was somewhat effeminate in looks and was slightly lean but still gave off an aura of power and authority. He had blonde hair that reached down and shielded his left eye from view and was wearing a white tunic that had a hood and the golden imprint of a Cross on the chest region, the tunic extended down to his ankles and below the white garment you could see he wore golden sandals.

Adam looked behind him and saw an innumerable company of all sorts of angels, some in armour and some in tunics, some looked human, and some had an otherworldly appearance that even he had not seen before. The Father began to speak, His voice sounded so deep but yet so soft, so loud but yet so small, it sounded like everything, but at the same time, sounded like nothing.

"My Children, I have gathered you all here today because of the allegation of insubordination in my celestial ranks" He paused, his voice echoing throughout the realm. He then says in a loud voice, "LUCIFER, STEP FORWARD!"

Adam was perplexed as his body stepped forward out of the midst of Michael and Gabriel and placed his left knee on the golden floor with his head bowed low and right fist on the floor.

"Yes Father, I am here" Adam said before standing erect and staring at the being he calls Father. He was caught off guard by his body's sudden movements, he indeed was reliving Lucifer's memory.

"It is of my knowing that you are planning to bring about My downfall and usurp Heaven's authority for yourself, is that true?" The Father asked with all seriousness in His voice shocking Lucifer.

"No my Lord, I would never conceive of such a thing" Shock, fear, several emotions washed over Adam as he said those words, perhaps these were Lucifer's feelings at the time.

"Is that so? Michael! Come Forward"

Michael advanced towards where Lucifer was kneeling. Each step he took was heavy and filled with power, each step causing every one, excluding The Father, The Twenty Four Elders, Lucifer and Gabriel, to shiver, each step mixed with the clinging and chinking sound of his armour intimidated almost everyone present. He approached Adam's side and stood still, "Here I am Father"

"You are the one who alerted me of Lucifer's plans were you not?"

"Indeed Father, it was I" Michael responded. Adam's head snapped left, staring at Michael with eyes filled with disbelief. Michael however looked back at the dumbfounded expression Adam's face, with a blank expression

"What proof do you have to support such a bold claim?"

"Ah yes, proof. Of course Father, I have proof"
Michael immediately waved his hand and several screens appeared before The Elders and one before the face of The Father.

"There, is your proof"