4.

Chat Noir had no idea why Ladybug had left so early.

It didn't help that she hadn't even given him the slightest of an explanation.

Anyone else would most likely be angry at her, wondering why she would just up and leave like that- But Chat knew something was wrong. 

Now, he sits on his piano bench, fingers poised over the keys. As he lets them fall onto the ivory, he finds that he is just too confused to do anything- no, not confused. I know she left, and it must have been because of that scroll. Her eyes were red before, though... maybe she knows Marinette?

Adrien had already figured out that Marinette was the daughter mentioned on the scroll- she was the only baker's daughter he knew of, and the Dupain-Cheng family seemed quite well known. In all honesty, he was extremely worried about his friend, but Ladybug's sudden disappearance fought for priority in his thoughts.

Glancing up at the analog clock next to his rockwall, Adrien grimaced. Only an hour left before the promised 'Improved Performance.'

I can run through it twice, and hope for the best.
And, with that, music filled the air.

~~

Marinette's fingernail was perched above her lower lip as she tried not to absentmindedly bite it. It was never a habit for her unless she was in an extremely stressful situation- and this? This was the most stressful situation she'd ever been in.

It didn't help that I had a near-breakdown with Chat, she chided herself. A pang of guilt (not the first to strike her that day) hit her, and suddenly, she was transforming again.

I have to apologize for being so rude. Goodness, I can be such a jerk sometimes.

Ladybug's hand visored her forehead as she slid open the polka dotted circular phone slung at her waist. Tapping the green phone icon next to Chat Noir's photo, Ladybug waited for her partner to pick up.

(ring... ring.......ring....)

Uh, hey, Chat.

What's going on, M'Lady?

*deep breath* oh, well, I just want to apologize. I left for no explanation, and I'm sorry for leaving you in the dark.

*inhales* thank you, for apologizing.

*pause* Ladybug, I don't expect you to tell me everything. But if you're ever ready to share... I'm here.

*silence for a few seconds*

Okay.

*more silence, barely audible piano music in the background*

Well, I can just say that I'm really stressed about... certain things. And I, I honestly wish I could tell you without jeopardizing my identity. But I can't, so I guess that is all I can say.

Okay. Is... is there anything I can do to help?

No, I don't think so.

Are you sure? I always love a good candlelit dinner on the Eiffel Tower

*laughs*

Oh, you're serious.
......Well, if you insist.

I do. Tonight, in two hours.

But-

Meet you there.

~~~
I apologize for such a short chapter!! The next one is sure to be a bit longer, so I decided to just break it up here. :)

Enjoy!!!
Love you all :)
Also, comments and votes are greatly appreciated:D