24

Star's POV:

I rubbed my head it starting hurting even more.

"Do you remember now Star?" Jackie taunted with a smirk on her face then she did this evil chuckle.

I held on to my head with my other hand with the wand. This wasn't just a headache, it was turning into a a migraine.

"Star, are you okay?" Marco asked coming closer with Pony and Tom. He put a hand on my shoulder and it for some reason startled me and I jumped which made him flinch away.

I was feeling light headed and dizzy and my eyes felt droopy until I closed them and fainted...

Marco's POV:

I looked at Star closely holding her head, and backing away from us.

I was wanting to reach for her again, but she got frightened with me just by  putting my hand on her shoulder so that's not a good idea.

I saw her eyes get droopy and her shoulders slouch in laziness until she closed her eyes and started falling.

My instincts kicked in and I ran to catch her, which I lucky did, and I carried her bridal style.

From the corner of my eye, I saw Jackie's expression change into a worried one. It's like she wanted to come and check on Star, but like that was possible.
Tom and Pony came towards me.

"Is she okay?" They both questioned getting close.
"I-i'm not sure." I answered honestly.

Toffee chuckled.

I totally forgot about him for a minute.

"Oh silly teenagers. You can't do anything to stop me- I mean us now." He snickered.

He was right.
Tom, Ponyhead, and I aren't strong enough to defeat a lizard, most dangerous monster. We needed something magic. Butterfly magic.

We need the wand.

We need Star.

"No dad. I'm not joining you."

The words that came out if Jackie's mouth, shocked us.

We looked over at Toffee and saw him look at his daughter with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh really. And why?" He asked seeming curious and wanting answers.
"Because," Jackie started. "Star has been my best friend from when were young and I realized that it wasn't her fault mom's... D-dead. I'm not going to leave her." Jackie explained sternly, yet a sincere tone was heard in her voice.

She truly meant it.

Toffee kept a serious face.

"Okay," he said. "It's not like I needed you anyways." He waved a magical stick or whatever it was and... Picked her up with it?

So it is a magic stick thing.

He plopped her infront of us and it even made a 'plop' sound.

Suddenly, the walls disappeared...

And so did Toffee.

We all looked around dumbfounded. Except Jackie.

"He's smart. He won't attack now but he will." She informed us.

Now we looked at her dumbfounded which she just rolled her eyes at.

Her serious expression turned worried again and she got close to Star, who was in my arms.

"We need to check out what happened to her." She stated.

Us three shook out of our trance and looked at the situation.
"You're right. Let's go to the castle, maybe there's something there to help." Tom agreed.