Chapter 29

Chapter 29 

Finally, after a couple of last minute instructions, Chief Medic Norton discharged Shehu to his quarters.  

Petrov accompanied him, ready to lend a supporting arm if he needed it, but the other man was able to walk unaided. He had a large bruise on his forehead, he wouldn't be surprised if he had a black eye tomorrow, and he was certain there were more bruises hidden by his clothes. Times like this he could do with a spa bath like they had in the expensive rooms at the Blue Nova, but the ship's shower would have to do. 

Shehu could scarcely wait to get Petrov alone in his room, he just hoped he would have enough energy to take advantage of him. 

He closed the door and set the privacy seal behind them. 

"Come on, let's get you into a hot shower," said Petrov immediately, shepherding him towards the small alcove. Gently, he helped the other man take his shirt off, and then his trousers. Shehu could have managed quite well by himself but it was much more pleasurable having Petrov do it. The occasional touch of Petrov's fingers on his bare skin sent small shocks through his body and he wished his shower cubicle was big enough for two. Just the thought of Petrov in there with him, behind him, slowly rubbing soapy hands over his whole body was enough to make him hard. 

The gentle spray from the ship's shower wasn't going to be much help in soothing sore muscles but at least it would wash the sweat off, he thought. He stepped into the shower and activated the water for the full allowable two minutes and then the drier. Petrov was waiting for him outside when he finished. Unfortunately he was still fully dressed. "Medic Norton said you had to rest," he reminded him sternly, steering him in the direction of the bed, "You have a mild concussion." 

"I feel fine," Shehu replied hopefully. 

"I think sex is out for tonight, but I could give you a massage," Petrov offered, weakening a little. 

"That would be wonderful," Shehu accepted eagerly, thinking they could start with a massage and then maybe one thing would lead to another. He lay face down on the bed and Petrov draped a blanket over the bottom half of his body to keep him warm while he worked. 

He ran his hands over Shehu, starting with his neck and shoulders, kneading the tight muscles with powerful fingers, his thumbs digging into the tenser spots. Then he moved down to his back, lightly stroking where he could see the bruises already forming. Shehu gave an audible sigh, this felt so good. After a quarter of an hour, Petrov moved the blanket and started determinedly on his buttocks and thighs. Shehu moaned, low in his throat, this was almost as good as sex. He spared a brief thought for the Captain and smiled to himself. He owed him one. He hadn't exactly planned to get knocked out, but losing the bout had been the fastest way to get Petrov back on side again, concerned and caring, more ready to forgive him than he had dared hope.  

He smiled again, he bet Farrell didn't have a gorgeous young man giving his backside a massage. Serve him right. 

XXX 

The newly elected council on Fayruz hadn't hesitated to consult Lieutenant Cheung about the fate of Sam Petersen. There was no local branch of the Patrol on Fayruz, nor even a police officer in residence to handle the affair. As Cheung had suspected, Petersen was the first man to be detained in the colony for a serious crime, a crime that couldn't be fixed by an apology or a couple of hours' free labour. The council decided that they didn't yet have the facilities to cope with either the trial or the punishment and asked Cheung if the Voyager could transport him to Capella for trial and sentencing. A quick call to Captain Asaro on board the Voyager confirmed the arrangement and the prisoner was soon escorted up to the ship's detention room. 

Captain Asaro handed the whole case over to Cheung. "You've managed everything well so far, I'm leaving you in charge. That means you'll need to take official statements from all the men involved, as well as being responsible for the prisoner until we reach Capella. Let's get as much of the case sewn up as possible before we hand him over." She smiled at him, "It will be good experience for you."  

Cheung nodded. He'd need statements from Petrov, Shehu and of course Rhys himself. Petersen had refused to speak since his arrest, sitting closemouthed in his cell, his face to the wall, but he would approach him again during the voyage. Not that they needed his co-operation, the evidence they had against him was overwhelming. 

Medic Zimmer had given Rhys the all clear to return to duty several days ago. He had been hesitant at first, expecting Alexei to return to Fayruz to check up on him, but he hadn't come, so he had returned to the Voyager with Cheung. Of course he was grateful to Alexei for rescuing him but he wanted a chance to express that gratitude in person, take his best shot at getting him back. Neither Alexei nor Jake for that matter, had come to see him on the Voyager either, or even called to see if he was okay. Surely they could have spared a few moments out of their precious lives, he had nearly been killed for god's sake! He felt more hard done by and resentful as the days passed. He couldn't help wondering if Jake and Alexei were together now, in a clandestine relationship, fucking each other in secret. Was that why they had forgotten him? 

And now Cheung wanted to take another, formal, statement from him. Maybe this time he might be persuaded to tell the whole story of what had happened the night he was kidnapped, after all, it was his duty to tell Cheung the truth. See who would be sorry then!