Chapter 2•the unexpected

Piper

"L-Larry what're you doing... here." I was nervous, scared, sad, angry, depressed, frustrated. I didn't know what to feel at this moment. I just wanted it all to end..

~~~~~~<

Larry is the man that continuously raped me. Got me pregnant and hadn't found me up until now. Threatened me, beat me, bruised me, THE ONE WHO LEFT THAT BRUISE ON ME. Larry raped and abused me through my high school years and didn't give not one care.

" I told you I'd find you some day piper. You can run but you can't hide." He smirked and walked closer to me slowly but surely step my step. "I haven't gotten off in a while pipe. I see you have my daughter also." With the last sentence he said I held Nessa tightly on my chest with both of my arms wrapped around her. "I am drained. Please... don't hurt me. Larry we're in the store and I'm holding my child." I loudly whispered the last part emphasizing my. He just smirked. I eventually bumped into a wall backing from him. With him being awfully close to me I was up against the wall, with my eyes squinted.

His hands were out asking to hold Vanessa. I started to breathing heavily through my nose and squeezing my eyes to see if I was dreaming. I opened them and to my surprise I see Alex. His hands came closer to her small body. "Help me," I slowly mouthed to Alex. I looked back at him and shook my head. I turned my head to see if Alex was still there but there was only the basket she was pushing. I heard Larry choking so I sharply turned my head. "Aww are you choking buddy? Do you need a breathing treatment? PISS OFF! NOW!!" Alex had her forearm around the front of his throat choking him. When she let go she pushed him to the side and he started to walk like a wimp. "Fucking psycho." Larry mumbled walking off.

Vanessa's head was resting on the crook of my arm as I held her cradle style. She started to shift her body around as her eyes opened I knew she was about to start crying. I was quite surprised she slept through that. She made small cooing noises and Alex began to walk over to me. I looked up at Alex and she sighed. "I'm sorry Alex you shouldn't be involved in my personal drama it's my fault and I have to learn to de.." Alex put her index finger on my lips. "Shh it's okay. You defended me back there with Sylvia. I had to return the favor." I blushed and looked down at my feet and stopped. "Come on let's go. Oh and look what I found." Alex smiled and held up the baby bullet. I released a small chuckle at how corny she was being. She put it in the basket and grabbed my hand. "Does she have any bottles?" I rubbed my forehead with my thumb and middle finger and sighed. "God this is embarrassing. She has like 2 or 3." Alex looked at me and tilted her head to the side. "Embarrassing why?" She lowered her eyebrows. I shook my head.

"Okay we'll go to the mall or something tomorrow. And we can go eat at the mall and shopping maybe if you want we can even find you a job somewhere easy for you.. if you want though." Alex put her arm around my shoulders and kissed my forehead as I looked up and smiled at her. "That sounds great, except I currently can't have a job." Alex looked at me confused. "Why not." "Alex, my daughter is only 2 weeks." I laughed at the face Alex was making. "Okay well.. we can do the other stuff I named." She shrugged her shoulders. Alex made me feel so safe with this hour and 20 minutes of knowing her. I thought and laughed to myself.

"Okay say for instance you were having a baby shower or something, what color would you want if it was a girl." Alex was looking at the different bottles, pacifiers, and bibs. "Mmm I don't know maybe like purple or something."

I wasn't really caring for materials I was just focused on how amazing Alex was and how hot she was. "Okay would you stop admiring my beauty and help me over here I don't know what your child likes or what you like." She laughed looking over her shoulder at me. I kind of felt slightly upset when she said 'your child' my face sank. "Did I say something wrong. I'm sorry." She turned around so that she was completely facing me. I put on a fake smile as she walked towards me. "Oh no... you didn't... say anything wrong I was thinking about something." She could tell I was lying which I didn't know how she didn't even know me all that well. She Tilted her head to the side and raised her eyebrow, "Come on piper, spit it out." She was walking slowly towards me with her arms out. "Nothing, Nothing. Can we talk about this later. I want to be happy right now. Look, what about the funny shaped bottle? Huh? It looks.... healthy." I put on a soft smile this time it was maybe a little real. She smirked, and laughed "whatever piper. Which one are you looking at? The Nivea bottle or the Tommee Tippee?" She picked up both of the packages. "Actually I don't know, which ever one I can put breast milk into." We both started to laugh together. "Piper you can put breast milk into any bottle. Then you have baby formula that you can also give her preferably the infant kind and not the soy kind. Really unhealthy and not good on the stomach. So we can get both of these, the baby bullet, those 2 packets of pacifiers, bottle warmer and a few cans of the baby powdered milk. That good with you?" I was in shock that she was buying all of this for a stranger she met on the street. My eyes widened. "Uh yea sure. But I do have 2 more request." "Shoot." She said putting the things in the basket. "Okay stop waisting your money please. Because if you buy everything that I need you'll be broke." She looked up and laughed. "Piper, I'm a producer worth $12 million. And I'm also a college professor, I teach theater. I can't go broke." I was in shock when those words came out of her mouth. Can't go broke. Producer. College professor. 12 million. Wow. My jaws were on the floor.