Chapter 17

3 years later~

I jumped up and down excitedly as I sat in the backseat of a car, looking in front on of me to see Ymir looking back at me, smirking. "Excited much?" Ymir chuckled. I nodded excitedly, then leaned closer to the front seats where Ymir and Annie sat.

"Hell yeah I am! Eren's finally graduating!" I cheered. Annie giggled a bit. "Then he'll finally be at home 24/7." She announced. I felt my heart flutter as I leaned back into the car seat and pulled the red scarf I had of Eren's over my nose. Then, I took out my phone and scrolled through twitter.

It's been approximately 3 years since Eren and I began a official relationship. He was graduating college today, leaving my heart delighted, since he'll be achieving his goal. And yes, I know that it's been 3 years, but I still keep his scarf close to me at all times.

Over these 3 years, Armin and I grew closer as friends. Krista, Ymir, and Sasha joined our group of friends too, and I finally met Connie. A nice fellow Connie is, and totally in love with Sasha. Considering that they've been dating since high school and still dating now, 8 years later.

Honestly, talk about relationship goals.

As I scrolled through twitter, a certain tweet caught my eye. It was a tweet from the university I yearned to attend and begged Mom and John to allow me to go to. And even though they declined, I still fancied attending the school.

The tweet though, said that it had just kicked a student out and was looking for another student to fill in their spot. A grin spread across my face as my heart jumped.

I envisioned about going to the university, pursing my dreams and becoming a teacher. Oh a wondrous dream it was. Then reality harshly struck me as my dreams were crushed by my horrid actuality. I'd probably never go there. It's all just a hallucination for me.

"What's up Mika?" Krista, who was seated beside me, asked. I was hesitant to confess, since I had yet to explain that I wasn't in college. For all they know, I met Eren online on a dating site. Which was partially true, but not 100% true. "Mika..?" Sasha called, dragging me out of my thoughts and back into reality.

"Oh...uh..I have a confession to make." I began as I slowly lowered my red scarf from my nose and back to my neck. Ymir turned to look at me, as did Sasha and Krista. Although Annie was driving and facing the road, I could still sense the expression of nervousness grow onto her face. "Well?" Ymir asked. Despite being uneager and quite timid to release my next response, I still somehow managed to distinguish my lies between the truth.

"I'm not really in college." I admitted as I twiddled my thumbs. Silence followed my statement. I assumed that their brains were processing my confession. But then, all of them, apart from Annie, erupted in laughter.

"What's so funny?" I asked. "Mikasa. Did you really think that we wouldn't catch on?" Ymir retorted. "Wait? You already knew?" I asked. Sasha nodded once she was able to calm herself and stop laughing. "Of course we would, Mikasa!" Sasha proclaimed. I sighed in relief from hearing them say that.

"Thank god!" I sighed in relief. "Yeah. So, anyways, what's the matter?" Krista asked me, her tone also calmed. "I just really want to go to this college, but I don't have the money." I said. "I'm pathetic." I whispered under my breath.

"Don't say that, Mikasa." Krista soothed in a soft tone. I scoffed, "sure, whatever." I leaned towards the window I was seated next to, pulling my scrarf up and over my nose again. I rested my head on my fist and put my elbow up against the window as I stared at the trees that we passed.

I stayed silent for the rest of the car ride, unwilling to talk. Although I didn't talk, Sasha and Ymir were pretty talkative, being their usual selves. But then, we finally arrived. "Here!" Annie said as she put the car in park. I smiled, eager to see Eren. I haven't seen Eren in the past couple of weeks because of school, so I'm quite relieved that he's graduating.