Chapter One

Roxanne's POV 

"Caroline, listen, I'm not going to your ex-boyfriends' show with you!" I told her one last time. "But why not!? We would have so much fun together!" She ran and sat down next to me. "Because you'd be stuck up his ass the whole time!" I laughed feeling very annoyed. "See, that's the thing! I wouldn't be stuck up his ass because I'm bringing a date! Some dude from Professor Williams class." 

"Oh perfect! So I'd be third wheeling? Great!" I shook my head and got up walking to the kitchen.  "No, I'm bringing the guy as a distraction to try to get Jarads attention!" She follows me into the kitchen. "You're sick..." I look at her and laugh. "So is that a yes...?" She raises an eyebrow. I roll my eyes and nod my head. "Yay!" She screams before running to her room. 

Caroline and I have been bestfriends since high school. We're both now attending UCLA, where I'm studying in the field of graphic designing and she's studying to be a surgeon. We got an apartment together in LA and decided to continue our lives together as bestfriends. 

As she was getting ready for the night that is destined to go wrong, i decided to see who exactly it was that we were going to see, considering the fact she never told me which boyfriend of hers it was that we were fixing to go see. "Which boyfriend is this again?" I ask her while walking into her bedroom. She was in her closet trying to find an outfit.  "Jarad Higgins." She says. "How did you meet him? I've never heard you say anything about a Jarad." I question. "I met him while you were visiting your family over summer break."  She comes out in a skin-tight black dress with a very low V cut in the front, exposing a lot of cleavage.  I roll my eyes at her sad attempt. "Are you sure this dude is even going to remember you? i mean no offense, but you were probably just a summer fling." I shrug my shoulders while pulling out my phone to look up Jarad Higgins.  "Oh darling, how could he forget me. I showed him everything i know...if you know what i mean." She grinned before walking over to her mirror to check herself out. 

I chuckled to myself as safari was taking forever to load. When it did though, i couldn't believe it. "Wait, your ex-boyfriend is Juice Wrld? THE Juice Wrld?" i say with excitement. "Ding ding." She winks before walking to her bathroom. I was shocked, but happy for her at the same time.  "I'm gonna go get dressed. When do we need to leave?" I yell through the other room. "In an hour so we can get there when the show starts!" she responds. 

I decided to keep my outfit pretty casual.  I put on a pair of knee ripped black jeans and a black crop top with my checkered Vans. I didn't bother to put on makeup because I'm not trying to impress anyone. I was still shocked that her ex-boyfriend was Juice Wrld...

At the show...

"Come on, let's get up front so we can be in front of the stage" Caroline pulls me and her date up to the front of the crowd.  Juice wrld had already started performing so by the time we got there, he was in the middle of singing "Old Me". 

"Hey, I'm going to go get me something to drink, catch you in a few!" I yelled to her over the music and she responded with a thumbs up. Her arm was wrapped around Patricks, who was her date.  I make my way towards the back and finally reached the bar. "ID?" The bartender asks me. "Oh, no I'm nineteen. I just wanted a bottle of water," i assure him. He smiles and nods his head before giving me a water. I hand him a five dollar bill and decided to stay in the back where it was less crowded. Before I knew it, a few songs had passed and the show was over. "Thank you, LA!" He says before walking off the stage. I decided to stay back near the bar so it would be easy for Caroline to find me.  "Hey, can I get a bottle of water?" I heard someone say behind me. I turn around and there he was. "Anything for you Jarad." The bartender says. Jarad catches me staring so I quickly turn around and focus my attention on the crowd piling out the doors. "Hey." He says. I scrunch my face and purse my lips because I knew he was talking to me. I turn around and face him. "Hi." I smiled. He chuckles before walking up next to me. "You enjoy the show?" He asks while leaning back on the bar.