Chapter 7

Jarad's POV

"Im..im sorry, i think i have the wrong room." Roxanne stutters before quickly walking away. "That was fucking weird." Olivia laughs while shutting the door. I stared at the door as thoughts raced around my head. 

"Yeah...that..that was." I scratch my head while looking down at my shoes. I tell Olivia that I'm going to go lay down and take a nap. I went to my room and quickly closed the door. I stood there, feeling nothing but hatred but as well as regret. I walk over to my bed and sit down on the edge of the mattress, hanging my head down in my lap. 

It had been a few months...am i just feeling this way because i never got closure before moving on with Olivia? did i love Olivia? 

I laid down, comprehending everything carefully. 

I woke up around eleven o'clock to Olivia by my side. I looked at my phone, hoping for a message from Roxanne. After seeing she hadn't bothered to text me, i rolled back over, facing Olivia. 

I laid awake in bed for hours before gently getting out of bed. I grabbed my keys off the nightstand before kissing Olivia on the head.  I walked out of my apartment and out to my car. It was two in the morning by now. So, I decided to ride around for a bit. I didn't have an exact destination, but my mind somehow led me to Roxanne's parent's house.  As i pulled in the driveway, i noticed all the lights off were in the house. I sat outside in my car for a few minutes before going up to the door. I knocked a few times before Roxanne opened the door. She was wearing a grey hoodie and sweatpants. She was rubbing her eyes as if she had just wakened up. 

"Its like three in the morning...what do you want?" She yawns. "Can i come inside?" I asked. "Now's not a good time." She looks behind her, up at the stares before looking at me. "Do you have company?" I raised an eyebrow at her. "It doesn't matter. What did you need?" She sighs.

"Why, why did you finally come see me after so long?" I asked in a hushed voice. "Because Jarad. I missed you. But, i realize now that i waited too long. So if you're here to be mad at me...then you can leave." She looks down at her feet. 

" Im not mad. Im hurt. Hurt because you waited so long to come and see me." I said with a bit of anger and disappointment.  "Well, im sorry....goodnight Jarad." She goes to close the door but my hand stops her. 

"Can you at least tell me what to do?" I pleaded. "About what? You have a fucking girlfriend Jarad. You need to make your own decisions.." She grunts. "You're right, i do have a girlfriend. But in order to be happy with her, i need closure from you. I need to know that we're done..." I trailed my sentence off. 

"Who's at the door?" A young boy with beautiful mixed skin, who was at least five years old walks down the stairs. "No one sweet pea, head back to bed, okay?" Roxanne tells him. He smiles and walks back upstairs. 

"Listen, if closure is what you came here for, then here. We're done. There's your closure." She rolls her eyes. "Whos kid is that..." I ask her. "Where are your parents?" I point out the fact neither her mom nor dads car was in the driveway. 

"They're out of town...that kid...thats my nephew.," she says quietly. 

"Your brother..." 

"Yeah...the ex-girlfriend dropped him off...no one knew about him...but she showed me the papers and everything...that little boy is my brothers kid.." She pushes a strand of hair behind her ear without looking at me. 

"You seem to have your hands full...do you need help? I'm good with kids." I offer. 

"No. We're just upstairs watching movies because he cants sleep..." She shakes her head. "Does he know?" I felt bad. Not just for the kid, but for forcing Roxanne to deal with this alone by being with Olivia.