Chapter 2

Roxanne's POV

I woke up around nine o'clock. I didn't hear any other noises throughout the apartment, so I figured Jarad was still asleep.  I got up out of bed and walked across the hall to his room. His door was cracked so I knocked, but he didn't answer. "Jarad?" I said. I heard him grumble and roll over. He looks at me and then looks at the clock next to him. "Oh shit, what time does your first class start?" He quickly leans up. "Like two hours ago." I chuckled while walking in his room. "Damn, I'm sorry. If you want to go ahead and go get dressed then ill take you." He gets out of bed. "See, i didn't really think this through when we left my place yesterday...i didn't bring any clothes." I pursed my lips. He looks at me then laughs. 

"Its fine. I'll just tell them I was sick. I just won't go today." I shrugged my shoulders while sitting on the edge of his bed.  I set my phone on the nightstand next to his before yawning and laying back across his bed. "You still tired?" He looks at me. "A little bit. Caroline texted me last night a few minutes after she left and it was straight bullshit. She was blowing my phone up all night so i hardly got any sleep." I groaned. "If you want to lay back down, I'll go get us some breakfast and you can get up when I get back." He smiles while throwing on a sweatshirt and grabbing his phone. 

"You sure? I dont want to be a bother. You can take me back to my place and ill just go back to sleep there honestly." I looked up at him. "You're not bothering me." He chuckles while grabbing his car keys. "Okay." I stood up. "You..you can stay in here if you want. I mean you looked pretty comfortable taking over my bed." He jokes. "Shut up." I throw a pillow at him before crawling in his bed and under the covers. "ill be back soon, get some rest, sleepy head." I hear him laugh a little before walking out of the room. 

Carolines POV

I woke up with the worse headache ever. I walked out into the living room and saw a bowl of popcorn. Was that there when i came in last night?  I shrugged my shoulders and walked to Roxanne's room. I knocked a few times and yelled at her that we were late to school but she didn't respond. I opened the door and saw she never came home last night. I decided to try calling her instead. When i called she didn't answer her phone either, so i decided to check the tracking app we have on each other's phones.  We put them on our phones when we first moved in together in case of situations like this. "Why the fuck is she at Panera Bread?" I say to myself before grabbing my keys and sliding on my shoes. 

When i got there, i still didn't see her. Although, i did see Jarad. "Jarad! Hi!" I said excitedly. He turns around and rolls his eyes. "You're stalking me now? great." he sighs before grabbing his food and heading for the door. "No dipshit, I'm actually looking for my friend," i said with a hint of attitude. He stops in his tracks and turns around and looks at me. "And what makes you think she'd be here?" He says rudely. "I tracked her phone and it says she's here. Shes like 5'3 ish with beautiful brown hair...Have you seen someone like that?" I ask. "Nope. Now leave me alone." He quickly turns around and exits the building. 

Roxanne's POV

"Hey, sleepy head." Jarad throws a bag at me, waking me up.  "Thank you," I say while leaning up out of his bed. "Hey...uh.. i think i accidentally grabbed your phone instead of mine." He purses his lips while tossing my phone on the bed. I  grabbed it and looked through my notifications. "Oh shit, Caroline tried calling me. You didn't answer, did you?" I ask worriedly. "No, thankfully. But she did track your phone and found me at Panera Bread. She didn't know it was me who had it, but you might want to turn your location off so she doesn't track it to here next time." He laughs while biting into his bagel. 

"Next time, huh?" i smile while opening the bag. "Well, that's if you ever come back." He shrugs his shoulders. "I dont know...free breakfast sounds like a deal to me." I tease. He looks at me and grins before looking away. After we finish our food, i get out of his bed and walk to the room he let me stay in for the night. I brush my teeth and hair.  "When do you want to go home?" Jarad walks into the room and sits on the bed. "You can take me home now if you want." I shrug my shoulders. He looks at me then nods his head. "We should hang out again sometime." He stands up and walks to the bathroom and stands in the doorway as i gathered my few things. "Yeah definitely." I look back at him. He smiles before walking away.