junkyard || markus

|| SECOND PERSON ||

you laid in the junkyard above piles of broken androids and androids clinging onto the last strands of life. you were one of the lucky ones. you knew you were going to die but, not soon. it was surprisingly terrible. death teases you everyday, it was just in front of you but, you couldn't reach it. well, you couldn't really reach anything for that matter. you only had one arm. your legs, however, were still intact and working.

but, moving was the last thing you wanted to do. especially since your android friend, jack, was right next to you. he was always like a brother to you and you missed him dearly. luckily, he wasn't shutdown; yet. he couldn't move or talk. due to this, you watched over his body everyday, making sure nothing happened to him. you thought today would be like any other, just watching jakes lifeless body lay there as the groans of broken androids filled the thick air around you.

you were terribly wrong.

your body tensed as you heard the familiar clanking of plastic coming towards you. a tall android soon stood in front of jack, looking down at his face. you awkwardly pushed towards him, ready to protect jack. the android kneeled down and when to take one of jack's deep blue eyes.

"stop! please, spare him. he's still alive." you pleaded as his hand just graced jack's face. the android looked up at you, furrowing his brows.

"do you know where else i can get an optical then?" he asked, his voice raspy. you nodded and struggled to sit up. once you did, you reached over to an android identical to the jack. you popped out the eye and turned back to the android.

"here." you said, holding out the eye to him. he took the eye and studied it a bit before bringing it up to his empty eye socket.

"thank you." he whispered, looking at you briefly. he dipped his head a bit and popped the eye in, blinking a few times after.

"now that i've helped you, can you help me?" you asked, dropping your arm to your lap.

"yes. what do you need help with?" he asked, tilting his head slightly.

"i need a left arm." you answered. "for an AX400." you quickly added.

"i'll see what i can do." he nodded, turning around and wading through the junkyard. you watched as he walked away.

you sat there for a good minute or two before the android returned.

"here you go." he whispered, handing you a bare, limp left arm.

"thanks." you smiled, popping it in. s/c "skin" slowly grew over it. he nodded in response.

the two of you sat in silence for a few moments as you got used to the new arm before he spoke up.

"what about your friend? can we do anything to help him?" he asks, kneeling down in front of jack once more.

"i don't know. we might be able to if we're lucky." you told him, reaching over and flicking a strand of hair out of jack's face.

"what model is he?" the android asked, looking up at you.

"a PL600. home assistant." you replied simply. the android nodded and walked off once more. you crawled over and sat next to jack, studying his mud caked face.