Chapter 12

Melody

Deep within me, my heart knew this wasn't a dream, rather it was my own reality that I created. They told me he wasn't a man worth my time, they said if I ever fell in love with him, I had to suffer the consequences. But those warnings fell on deaf ears as I was blinded by his charming side. He knew how to melt a girl's heart by smiling their way. He never showed the evil side of him until we got married.

He made me fall for him without me knowing it, he was a manipulative man who played me like a doll. I wanted to believe I forgot him, erased every memory, every cry, and every suffering from my mind and heart, but how can I escape him, when he always knew how to find me?

People who knew of him, told me to stay away and forget about him, but me being a naive nineteen year old girl believed every little lie he told. When I actually found out who he actually was, it was too late to run away.

He showed my his true colors the day we got married, it was late at night when we got to our house, I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep. I told him I didn't want to do it, but he didn't even take my protests into consideration and just took me against my will. At that moment, it felt like the man I  once knew was gone and in his place it was a stranger who got replaced by him.

I thought maybe he was drunk so I tried to forget it, but by morning, he began to hit me. At first, he hit me in places where it wouldn't show. As the days went by, more bruises continued to form everywhere on my body.

"Babygirl, I miss your voice", His groan made me scowl and shudder in disgust.

"Why are you calling?", I gritted my teeth as I heard him groan again.

"I need you to come home", He answered and I heard a shuffle over the phone.

His next words made me freeze on my spot, "I am in Italy".

"No", I whispered as the tears brimmed my eyes.

Quickly hanging up, I made sure to shut the phone down and bit my lip to keep the sob that was begging to come out. All the pain I went through came rushing back in and my body shivered as I felt his touch burn at the back of my mind.

"Everything okay?", A hand on my shoulder made me jump.

"Y-yeah", I replied and turned around to face Emma.

Her eyebrows were raised in question and when she saw my face her whole demeanor changed as concern took over her face. Her eyes glanced down on the phone and they widened as she saw the blank screen, I guess she put two and two together.

"H-how did he find your number?", She whispered while making sure no one heard her.

"I-I have no idea", I murmured and blinked back the tears.

Her hands softly rested on my shoulders and rubbed them gently, my tense muscles began to relax and I let out a muffled cry as I felt immense pain in my chest. Hearing a shuffle around the room, I looked up and saw Emma's hands holding out a pill for me to take.

Without wasting a second, I took the pill from her hand and swallowed it. Taking a deep breath, I tried to calm down but when it didn't work, I started to rub my chest and the pain slowly vanished. Emma bent down and gently began to rub my back soothingly while letting my head lay on her chest.

"You okay?", She whispered after a few moments of silence.

"Yeah", My voice came out scratchy.

"Let's go back before the guys get suspicious", I gave a forced smile and stood up slowly.

Nodding her head, she took the phone in my hand and put it inside the drawer where we knew it would be kept safely. Swallowing the lump in my throat, I shuddered disgustedly as I felt his hands skim my body once more. Maybe these imaginations would make me crazy before I had the chance to live my life fully.

Once we entered the kitchen, the guys glanced towards us and gave us a smile. Sitting down next to Hunter, I dared myself not to look at up him and get lost in his eyes. His hands rested on my thigh again and instead of feeling terror, I felt safe.

—————————————————————————-

Please don't forget to vote and comment 💕.