Forever

The only light source in the small apartment is from two glowing apple cinnamon candles and string lights. The place smells of sweet apple pie and cinnamon cookies. Faint music is being played from the new record player Brian bought for Jae's birthday. Jae is busying himself by pinning candid, polaroid photos of him and Brian from their apple picking adventure that day on their cork board above the couch. Brian sits on the kitchen floor infront of the oven as he watches the cookies and pie bake. He holds a cup of warm apple cider in his hand, heating up his cold fingers.

"How do they look?" Jae asks in terms of the baked goods. He jumps off the couch with a room shaking thud. "Nice and golden?" He grabs a brown, knitted blanket from off the floor as he makes his way over to his boyfriend.

"Almost, maybe a few more minutes," Brian replies, taking a sip of his drink and feeling the warmth spread throughout his body. Jae wraps the blanket around Brian before he sits down on the brunette's left side. Once Jae is settled next to Brian, the younger quickly snuggles up against the other. "I love you," He says. Brian can't help but to stare at Jae, watching the orange glow of the oven light create dark shadows across the older's face. His cheekbones look higher than usual. His jawline looks godly. Jae's beady eyes seem to almost glow from the light and his hair soaks in all of the warm color, making him look like the embodiment of fall.

"I love you too," Jae says in return while smiling wide, pretending he doesn't notice his boyfriend is staring at him. He turns toward Brian and gives him a soft kiss to the temple, then moving down to kiss the younger's ear. Jae bites down playfully on to Brian's ear, making the other giggle. The older of the two continues to move south on the younger's body, trailing a line of kisses down his neck and only stopping to make hickeys. He doesn't stop until he knows there will be nice, dark hickeys lining his neck by morning.

Brian laces his fingers through Jae's black locks, giggling playful. Brian has a habitat of giggling when he's turned on. "Careful now, lets not burn the cookies," Brian says warningly as he shifts slightly so Jae is able to situate himself right between Brian's legs.

Jae pulls away, breathing heavily. "I wanna burn your cookies," Jae mumbles playfully. A laugh bubbles out of Brian, turning the atmosphere innocent again.

"That-," Brian starts, still laughing. "that doesn't even make sense." He shakes his head, making eye contact with his boyfriend. The timer on the oven went off with a loud, shrill Ting- Ting causing the two to pull a part.

Jae is the first to his feet, helping Brian up. "You wanna do the honors, sir?" Jae asks, handing the shorter a fall themed oven mit.

"Gladly," The younger replies, taking the oven mit from the older. He opens the oven and one at a time takes out the pie and cookies. Jae busts himself by filling Brian's cup of apple cider up again. "They look good," Brian says proudly, clasping his hands together and holding them up to his chest.

Jae grabs on to the back belt loops of Brian's jeans and pulls his boyfriend's back into his chest. "Not as good as you," Jae says affectionately into the shorter man's ear. Brian giggles, turning his head to the side and up to kiss Jae sweetly on the cheek. "How long until their cooled?" Jae asks.

"Probably five minutes, you impatient baby," Brian replies. "Now in the mean time, can you get the whip cream from the fridge please?"

"Sure thing, sweetie pie," Jae says, pulling away and going to the fridge. Brian starts to hum to himself softly as he searches for a spatula and a knife. "Low-fat or original?" Jae asks.

"All the fat, baby," Brian answers.

Jae laughs, opening up the whip cream and asking, "Want some?" Brian nods, opening his mouth wide. Jae sprays the cream into Brian's mouth ;). He doesn't realize he sprayed too much into Brian's mouth until he sees Brian struggle to close his mouth without whip cream spill out at the corners of his mouth. "You look just like you did last night," Jae jokes. The cream starts to drip down his boyfriend's chin.

"Perv," Brian comments, a month full of cream.

"You know me," Jae says before starting to spray the whip cream into his own mouth too. Brian jumped up on the counter to sit, watching Jae.

"Cookie?" The brunette asked, taking two hot cookies off the tray. Jae nods a yes. The younger hands him the heart-shaped cookie whereas he keeps the pumpkin-shaped one for himself.

Jae slides himself perfectly in between Brian's open legs. "Love you," Jae said for the billionth time that night. He takes a bite of the cookie, a few crumbs fall down onto his chin and black shirt. The taller made a satisfied mhh after swallowing the cinnamon cookie.

Brian leans forward and wipes off the stray crumbs on Jae's mouth and chin. "I love you too," Brian says while staring intently at his boyfriend's dark lips. He reaches his arms up on top of Jae's shoulders and starts to play with the short hairs on his nape. Jae finishes eating his cookie and shakes his hands to get the crumbs off. "Kiss me?" Brian asks shyly, staring into Jae's eyes.

"Of course," Jae replies, compelled to satisfy his baby. He rests his hands on Brian's waist, pulling him closer. Jae starts to lean in before pulling away quickly. "Does my breath smell?" He asks and starts to breathe heavily into the younger's face.

"Absolutely disgusting," Brian answers and pulls the man into the kiss by his neck. Jae, slightly surprised, jumps a little but quickly kisses back. Jae smells like cinnamon and maple, incredibly sweet but also sharp to Brian. He wants to bottle up the smell and remember it forever. He starts to melt into his boyfriend, letting the weight of his arms fall on to Jae's shoulders and continues to lean his body weight into Jae's.

Jae pulls away and looks at Brian's face, trying to remember every single detail of his beautiful face. The sharp cheekbones, golden skin, pink lips, freckles/moles, everything. "What is it?" Brian asks, realizing Jae was staring at him.

"Nothing," Jae answers quietly, a small smile on his face.

"No, what is it?" Brian questions, watching the small smile on Jae's face grow. "Is there something on my face?"

"No," Jae replies. "It's just, I um-," He was tongue tied just looking at his boyfriend. "I wanna be with you forever." Jae could feel his face flush, he hopes the dimly lit room could mask the redness of his face.

"I do too," Brian confirms in return. "Forever."