Chapter 19

15 minutes earlier

Ting! clang! Ting! ting! Tang!

"Sir Ronald, they keep coming!" (Guard 1)

"There's no end to them!" (Militia 1)

I raised my shield blocking an incoming hit from a decaying beastkin undead, they keep pouring in from the outside with no end to them-

Ding!

I knelt from the impact, despite being dead and decaying, their incredibly strong and at the moment we're slowly getting overrun.

I swipe the shield at my side bringing the blade of the undead demihuman with it, and I swing with my trusty sword.

Clank! Skish!

It took me two swings to get it's rib broken but it didn't budge, they don't even feel the pain.

I dodge a quick swipe to my right side and countered it with a thrust to it's head, the undead demihuman had no helm on.

Chook!

My sword went through and it's skull broke to pieces and it's remaining brain fell out, I nearly gagged at the sight.

But weirdly, it's a little refreshing to see, I kept getting reminded about my times as an adventurer.

I shook the unnecessary thought and looked around me, we're holding but for how long?

"We're buying time for the village to evacuate, we hold them here, 'till everyone is moved out we can't leave." (Ronald)

I saw the desperate faces of the militia and gaurds, they tensed even more and silently pray for their lives while going toe to toe with these undead horde.

Then all of a sudden-

swwoooOOSHH! BOOM!!

"Guh!?" (Ronald)

"What the hell!?" (Guard)

"Another wall breach!?" (Militia)

We saw where the sudden explosion had errupted and saw that it was made in the breached wall from the start of all this, it made us confuse for a moment but then we saw a figure stood in a haze of dust.

It stepped out and reveal a fox- no, a half fox demihuman, in a strange outfit and was wielding a well made big sword.

It's obvious she's capable of fighting, but one thing that grabbed our attention was her beauty, a rare black hair and blue eyes reflecting in the dark .

"Yo! Rank S Adventurer, Menna, pleasure to join you." (Menna)

We were on some sort of trance to take in what the woman had just said.

The undead had also stopped for a moment to stare at the her as well, the only sound that can be heard is the structures burning.

"R-rank S?" (Militia)

"H-heck Yeah!" (Guard)

"Lend us your strength!" (Guard 2)

Menna, the S rank adventurer, showed a warm smile, the undead shrieked suddenly snapping us back to the fight.

"You got it!" (Menna)

She effortlessly twirled her big sword which looked surreal for a moment, and then she lookes behind her winding up her sword.

She swing and a visible white arc was made and hit whatever was behind her unlucky enough to be in that area.

She murmured something that I couldn't focus on when another undead suddenly approached beside me and was already swinging it's dark steel sword.