24 year old virgin

Text copyright ©  awkward_shaunsie ™ 2013-2015

The moral rights of this author have been reserved. All rights reserved. This book has been created and published solely under the condition that it shall not be reproduced or retransmitted, in whole or in part,  in any manner. This includes but is not limited to the creation of hardcopies, electronic copies, quoting (outside of the wattpad feature), and the reusing of characters or storylines. Any infringement of the aforementioned conditions is a violation of copyright law.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not totally sure if anyone's going to read this, but if you do don't be afraid to let me know if you like it. This is my first time posting something on wattpad so bear with me, ok?

Anyway I hope you enjoy it!

~~

"Fudge!" I exclaimed as I banged my head on the odd drop ceiling that covered the main staircase in my house. "This is definitely the millionth time I've done that," I muttered to no one in particular. Recovering, I slowly shuffled to my small almost cramped kitchen and attempted to make a suitable breakfast for myself. After about thirty minutes I emerged with a plate of pancakes and sausages and also awkwardly carrying a carton of orange juice. I shuffled to the living room area and started my usually bleak Saturday. Mindlessly I flipped channels and munched on my breakfast.

Once I had finished breakfast and grew bored with the TV I trudged back to my room. I'm not sure if you've guessed yet but I live alone, it's been this way since I was eighteen. I guess unlike most people I function a bit better when I'm alone. When I reach my room I look at my calendar and realize it's the end of January, which means my birthday is coming up. And like the four birthdays I had in college this one will be filled with meaningless happy birthdays, fake smiles, and people from my past writing on my Facebook wall because they feel obligated to. Tearing myself away from all that, I went to my closet and picked out a simple outfit. "Now to do two things I actually enjoy," I thought aloud while walking to the bathroom. After quickly washing myself and brushing my teeth I strode into my room and changed.

Once I was fully clothed I grabbed my phone from my dresser and called the one person who could help me salvage this Saturday. "Hey Jazz!" my exclamation surprised the both of us and she answered with a normal toned "Hey Sonia," being the odd one of our dynamic had its ups and downs and this was one of them. "I still for the life of me cannot understand how you can be so loud around me and so quiet around other people," she croaked feeling the effects of the early morning. "That's just the way I roll," adding a funny movement that would make her crack up had she seen it. "So what you wanna do for the day bestie?" I could hear her shifting over the phone as she pondered my question, "Well," she began, "I do need to go to Home Depot."

At that I sighed knowing what would happen if we went there. You see, for some women Home Depot, Loews, and the hardware section of Sears is hunting ground. You put on something revealing, coat yourself in a really nice but not too musky perfume, and make your make up look natural. And when you step into to the stores, its game time. You find the hottest guy and make it seem like you don't know what you're doing. You mispronounce a few of the names for things, and try to look genuinely confused. Hopefully a guy will come over, then you have to make him feel like he's a hero and the favor he's doing you is the best thing ever. In reality, only a small percentage of women don't know what they're doing in hardware stores. But, most of us find ourselves doing this even though most of the guys you find that way are douchebags.

"Heeeeeelllooooo! Sooonniiiiaa,"Jazz griped, forcing me to pay attention to her. "Whaaaat," I groaned trying to sound annoyed. "So, you wanna go?" I began mentally kicking myself, and gave her the "Yes, Jazz," I knew she was expecting. "Okay girlie, I'll be there in 20," she said and then ended the call. I groaned and then fell on my bed. I felt it then, you know that feeling you get in the pit of your stomach telling you that something is wrong or something's going to happen.