Ch 2: Hello My Name is Douchebag

After about twenty minutes of griping and primping Jazz arrived at my door. The mental beat down I give myself in these situations began as I got into her car. 'Be cool Sonia,' I thought while my self esteem lowered. Jazz was a knock out as always and I of course was no head turner. 'Why can't I just conform on some occasions,' I mentally yelled as I stared at my plain skinny jeans and slightly worn chucks. I chanced a glance at Jazz comparing our outfits. A tight fitting mini skirt and a really cute v-neck, perfect outfit for hunting. Whereas I was definitely not dressed appropriately. Skinnys, old chucks and a Bill Cosby inspired sweater, 'that'll really get 'em hot, good goin' Sonia.'

I decided to pull myself out of self pity and focus on the pop song flooding through the speakers. I bobbed my head taking care to not meet Jazz's eyes. I knew if I looked then I'd have to talk. After another fifteen pop filled minutes we reached Home Depot. "Uh, Sonia..." Jazz whispered as I turned to get out. "Yeah Jazz," I said as I met her eyes. "It's kieran isn't it."

"Slowly but surely getting over it," I said dryly as I hopped out.

~

"Hehehehehe...you're really good with tools and stuff," Jazz said to some random who'd been helping her for the last fifteen minutes. "Nah, I'm really not," was his ever so humble and eloquent reply. I figured that would be a great time to dip out, so I floated off toward the lamp section. I shot Jazz a text just so she wouldn't assume I was raped and killed or something and then began to browse.

I know this may sound weird but the lamp section was definitely magical. It possessed an air of child like innocence, while oozing with romance. It was my favorite part if the store. I felt like I could walk those few aisles for hours.

While I was taking it all in I saw him, he had to have been the douchiest guy I've ever seen. He was wearing a baseball cap turned backwards, khaki shorts, and the dumbest looking striped polo shirt. He was such a bro! Oh gosh, how I despised "bros". Its like they were put on earth simply to be douchebags. But anyway, this particular bro was walking toward me. It seemed he wanted to get my attention.

He came up to me and confidently said, "Hey, uh...how ya doin? "

"Fine...I guess," was my smug reply. "You, uh...looking for a lamp," he asked. I gave him a dry look and said, "not really." That seemed to set him off and he began to chuckle lightly. When he noticed my stiff facial expression he asked, "then why are you in the lamp section? "

"Too many douchebags in the tool section," I said as I began inching away. "Hey, since you're already here would you mind helping me pick out a lamp?" "Maybe not", I said over my shoulder. "Wait, can I at least have a name?" I turned around and said "It's Sonia." Now I've got to find somewhere else to loiter.

~~

Chapter #2

please tell me what you think.