Introduction

BACKGROUND INFORMATION

This story was initially planned as a bonus book for readers of Shroud, on the Episode app and as a gift for all the wonderful support. However, this story was cancelled before it even got published due to rejected illustrations of a Southeast Asian supernatural entity that were deemed too violent. Since the image of the entity proves vital to the plot, I decided to cancel the sequel on the Episode app and write it as a prequel on Wattpad instead.

I was told to replace the images with alternative images that were less graphic in nature but to do that would be disrespectful to this Southeast Asian supernatural entity and Southeast Asian folklore. To replace the image would mean a great disservice to those that have been traumatised or haunted by the dreadful entity. To be unable to portray the entity in its truest form is like false advertising and I would be lying to myself and the readers.

Thinking back, it is truly a blessing in disguise as I realise that Wattpad allows me to maximise my full creative potential as a writer. I am now able to pen down the full story and be as descriptive and graphic as I can with the horrors that await you in this story.

For new readers, I welcome you. This story, after all, starts as a prequel and thus, you are transported to the beginning of where it all started.

While this book would revolve around jinns in the later part of the story, it would also revolve around this supernatural entity, the "Penanggal", as the Malays like to call it. (There are also other known variations and similarities in other cultures, where the supernatural entity is known by other names such as "Krasue" in Thailand. However, this creature might differ in some ways in other cultures.)

For new readers who are interested to know more, feel free to read Shroud on the Episode app if you wish to fully immerse yourself in the atmosphere of this world.

Story Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5325783983849472

To my faithful readers of Shroud. I hope this story, Shroud: Jinn would provide you lovelies with the closure that you need. I sincerely apologise. I know it lacks the visual appeal as you are used to experiencing the cinematic feel in my previous works that depended greatly on visual storytelling and illustrations, but remember, our imagination is a powerful tool. Usually, the scariest things are the things that we cannot see.

From time to time, a few of these characters might speak in Malay, Arabic or Mandarin with a higher frequency in Malay as the Malay language, which is Singapore's national language, was commonly spoken during that time. There is also a pinch of Indonesian or Javanese in one chapter. Translation will be provided in brackets just beside these dialogues. However, not to worry. Most of the dialogues will still be in English.

*Do not steal the book cover image or the watermarked illustrations in this book. If you do, may this creature haunt you for the rest of your life, especially in your waking dreams and stifling nightmares.

**Do not steal the contents from this book either. I struggled through my own nightmares, fears, insomnia and dark imagination that kept me up at night just to tell this story. Please respect this. Thank you.

Some scenes (I rather not say which ones) are based on my personal experiences, nightmares or fears and have inspired the rest of this story. The rest of them are simply from the inner workings of my own thoughts.

Even though this story consists of supernatural entities such as the "Penanggal", "Pontianak" and "Pocong" that are based on Malay supernatural folklore, with jinns deriving from Islamic beliefs, the story's plot is entirely fictional. Any resemblance to actual events or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

For an ultimate reading experience, dim the lights and read this alone at night. For readers who enjoy creepy, haunting music while reading horror, click on the Youtube video in the chapter's header and let the background music play while you read.

With that said-

Enjoy!

__________________________________

Copyright ©. All rights reserved.

No written part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author. Any copyright infringement is punishable by law.

__________________________________

CREDITS:

Background Music: Vivek Abhishek - Melencholy | Sad Creepy Background Music | Copyright Free | Vivek Abhishek

Youtube Link: https://youtu.be/ZwHo8_L4POo

Channel Link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaeW48X42EwKHsp1n0U-WQQ