3

Malina's pov

2 weeks later
Friday

I arrived home with John, I opened the front door and we went upstairs to my room. I laid down on my bed, "Ugh I'm so exhausted from school" I said groaning. "Hey I forgot to ask you this, do you like Finn? I see how you look at him. I ship it so hard." John said. "What? I like Finn? No I don't." I said. John gave me that look to admit it. "Okay fine. I like him. I didn't even realize that I do until today." I said. He's just so cute. And his personality is amazing, everything is amazing about him. We have a lot in common. John suddenly said snapping me out of my thoughts. "And why is that?" He said crossing his arms. "I mean, the way he talked to me and his personality is everything.....and because I kept thinking about him, so I realized that I like him." I said. "My ship is gonna sail soon." He said. "Yeah, sure" I said playfully rolling my eyes.

Saturday

I woke up and lazily got out of bed and went to the bathroom. After that I made my way downstairs and went to the kitchen. As I was about to take a bowl for my cereal, the doorbell rang. Why would someone come over this early? I went to open it to see who is it and it's John?

"Malina." he said looking up with tears running down his cheeks.

"John, why're you crying? What's wrong?" I said putting my hand on his cheeks and wipe away some tears.

"Uhm I have some news to tell you. Bad news." He said.

"Okay...what is it?"

"I woke up this morning and when I went downstairs I saw my mom and boxes all around the living room and the house empty. She said we're moving." He said more tears escaping his eyes by the second.

As he said that my mood instantly changed to sad.

"What? No. No way. You can't move." I said as my vision getting blurry.

"I'm sorry Malina but i can't do anything about it. I'm sad just as much as you are" he said sobbing.

I gave him a bone crushing hug and sobbing on his shoulder and him doing the same. I can't believe it. My best friend is moving. I'm not gonna be able to see him until who knows when. I might never see him again.

He pulled away holding my hands in his, as friends of course, "I'm sorry. I tried to convince my parents not to move but I couldn't. My dad got an offer for a job that pays him triple of how much they do now."  "john, it's okay I know you can't do anything about it but at least you tried. It's gonna be alright, we're gonna text each other everyday, face time each other everyday. And maybe We'll visit each other in the summer." I said trying to be positive.

"How're we supposed to visit each other when I'll be on the other side of the world? I'll be living in London" (they live in California btw) he said continuing to sob.

London? That's so far away. But I'm trying to be positive here.

"John, I know that's far away and I'll miss you so damn much but look on the bright side, you're gonna get a fresh start and a new friend or friends. No one's gonna bully you there. Everyone will love you once they see how amazing you truly are."

"But I don't want a new friend, I want you. I want my best friend that's been there for me, since the beginning. And I didn't care that they bullied me as long as you were by my side." 

"John, there's nothing we can do about it. I'm just as sad as you are. I was just trying to be positive. Sometimes it's hard to face reality." (If you know which song this sentence is from I love u)

"I know, but I'm gonna miss you so fucking much." He said pulling me into a tight hug. We were like that for about two minutes just enjoying each other's presence while it lasts.

His phone suddenly rang filling the silence in the room. He pulled away and grabbed his phone from his back pocket and saw the caller ID, "it's mom" he said as he accepted the call and putting his phone against his ear. "Hello?........what?......but why?.....fine...bye" he hung up. "So?" I said sitting down on the couch.

"We're leaving after 4 hours" he said.

"4? That's too short."

"I know. Look I have an idea, why don't we go out for ice cream and walk around the park, instead of wasting our time just crying about it."

"Yeah okay that's a good idea." I said wiping my tears away and him doing the same.

"Okay lets go upstairs to your room and I'll sit on the little couch and wait for you." He said as reached his hand out for me to hold so that he can help me get up. I took his hand and got up.

I opened the door to my room and went to my closet to choose an outfit to wear. After 10 minuets of getting ready, this is what I wore.

I got out of the bathroom, "how do I look?" I said putting my hand on my waist

I got out of the bathroom, "how do I look?" I said putting my hand on my waist. "Great as always, now come on let's go" Johnny said getting up and walking to the door and opening it. "Thank you, Thank you very much." I said following him.

We went downstairs and opened the door, "okay, you ready?" He said. "Uhh Wait! I forgot my purse and phone." I said running upstairs. I went into my room and grabbed my phone and purse off the desk and ran back downstairs, "now I'm ready." I said as I walked past John and going outside, him getting out behind me and closing the door. "Hey, let's go tell Finn." I said walking down the sidewalk, making my way to his house. We've been so close lately. "Yeah." john said. Once we reached his doorstep, I pressed the doorbell. After a few moments we pressed it again. And again. Suddenly we heard I think Nick yell, "FINN GO GET THE DOOR!" Then Finn yelled back, "YOU'RE CLOSER! IM ALL THE WAY IN THE KITCHEN!" Then we heard footsteps coming towards the door, It opened to reveal Nick. "Finn your girlfriend's here!" Nick yelled.