Envy And Lust.

Lust ends most marriages,
But the best ones survive it.   -A

His POV

She left the parlor and I sat there still thinking.
She didn't seem like she cared about anything I did.
At least I should have given her the respect she deserves, I was wrong.
   Being a spoilt child and all, hearing what came out of her mouth surprised me, I wasn't expecting it. But she is right I know I'm getting married sooner or later anyway. Why not now? I know Zainab will love this news.

Speak of the devil. She's calling.

Nas you said you would call back.

I was about to.

I hope so. What happened you just said you'll call back and ended the call.

Yeah something important came up.

Like your wife? Nas I heard her voice just before you ended the call.

I know. I know. We have reached an agreement.

And what is that exactly?

Me and you getting married.

What? She agreed? She must be really stupid. Who is dumb enough to agree?
She laughs.

She didn't agree she came up with the idea. And I don't think she's dumb. Actually I think it's cool.

You sound insane.

Maybe I am but it's kind of cool.

Well I have to go. I'm meeting up with my in-laws.

Why? They don't like you.

Well that is exactly the reason why. I want them to.

But they are no longer your in-laws why should you still want their approval? I don't like the idea.

Well I do alright. Bye baby.

   She ends the call.
She gets so annoying at times. Her former in-laws never liked her, they think she just married her husband to get his money and after he died they kept insulting her that she murdered him to get a share of his fortune and she is still trying to please them. It gets to me.

I get up and head upstairs to my room.
As I lie on my bed. I felt this sudden guilt. God. I hate it.

:

It has been a week already since Hajah suggested marrying Zainab and as I promised I would get a bigger house. I'm still looking for one that has 3 different quarters. One for hajah, Zainab and I of course.
    But she and I talk rarely. We would go two days without a word to each other and I hate it. I don't know why but I do. All she does is bake and bake and bake. Although I enjoy it I wish I would get company every now and then but no she never misses to give me anything she bakes but she doesn't say a word and honestly I don't blame her.
I'm in my father's house waiting for him to show up. But I think I'll be here for a while.

"So how are you?" Hafsah my baby sister asks.

"I'm okay, how's school?" I ask trying to divert the topic because I know where she is going and I don't feel comfortable talking about my marriage problems with my kid sister. Even though she is a year older than Hajah.
"It's going on well. How is hajah?" She asks.

"She's fine. She's sending her regards. She was busy that's why she couldn't make it" I lie. She actually said she'd rather stay home. And I'm kinda worried, she has been home for almost a month now. All she does is walk around the compound and come back inside the house.