Ace Of Hearts

You were currently on your way to the next Neko club meeting. Asriel seemed to have recovered from his previously disheartened mood and was pretty much back to his old self. Those things he shared with you a few days ago, they kept you awake for longer that you wanted to admit. You could hardly imagine all the stuff he had to go through and there was still a lot he hasn't told you yet. It made you wonder whether knowing what happened to your past self was really worth it or not. Maybe it would be for the best if you simply dropped the topic.

Your small trip through the colorfully decorated hallways ended at the most bleak looking door of them all. The exterior of the Neko club looked as boring and empty as ever. It was supposed to be that way so it wouldn't draw in unwanted attention, but the lack of decoration made it stick out like a sore thumb. Maybe it's about time for the club to settle on some decorations to help disguise the club. With that in mind, you knocked on the door and were promptly met with Felix's face.

"Hey ____, how have you been?" he greeted you with the same caring smile you've seen so many times before.

"I've been doing fine, though I was kind of busy lately," you casually responded as you entered the room. "I did manage to pick up some information that could turn out to be important."

"Well, you better take that straight to Leo then. Talk to you later," he gave you the smile with the slightly tilted head that gave most other students weak knees.

Felix grew quite popular lately, though you could perfectly see why. Most people would refer to him as cute thanks to his looks and personality and they were right, for the most parts. He's much more that meets the eye and can quite easily use his charm in his favor. And you knew from personal experience that he has no qualms about expressing his affection and if it wasn't for the fact that everyone believed you're dating Asriel he'd probably be all over you. You felt almost sorry for whoever was going to end up having him as their boyfriend. He might seem innocent at first, but he can be quite demanding if he really wants something.

You walked over to Leo, who currently seemed to be consoling Lilly again. It seemed as if other students once again decided to pick on her since she looked like she's been crying for the past minutes. You were almost about to turn around and talk to someone else, seeing that Leo was obviously busy, but he saw you and motioned for you to come closer. Although reluctant, you decided to step closer.

"See Lilly, this is ____. He might not look like it, but he's among the strongest, if not THE strongest of us. If there's anyone picking on you, don't be afraid to call him. He'll help you in no time, right ____?" Leo was speaking in an unfamiliar soothing voice, proving even further that he's nowhere near as dangerous as he seems to be. He did put you in a rather unpleasant situation by assuring Lilly that you'd help her. He was right, but putting you in this situation was still rather rude of him.

"Yeah, that's right. If anyone ever decided to pick on you again, let me know and I'll deal with it. I promise," you replied in a calming matter as you knelt down, holding out your hand.

"Thanks," Lilly's voice sounded almost like a whisper as she looked at you from between her silvery hair. She took your hand in hers and shook it slightly before quickly retracting again, staring off to the side. "But what are you going to do to them? They might be bad people but that doesn't mean I want to see them hurt."

"I'll make sure they get expelled. This place has a zero tolerance policy against the bullying of Nekos in place and on top of that, I'm friends with the headmistress son. If those bullies keep doing what they're doing, they'll get what they deserve," you kept your calming voice, hoping you wouldn't end up scaring Lily.