a l o t h a s c h a n g e d

"one day, you realize that there are some people you'll never see again

"one day, you realize that there are some people you'll never see again. At least, not in the same way." - unknown

~

dallas

I haven't been to Buck's in a while. At least a week. Last time I was at Buck's I woke up next to Calico. Who would've thought. A chick I haven't seen since junior high shows up at Buck Merrill's some 5 years later. What are the odds.

I haven't thought much about it, I just wish I got to talk to her more. I haven't seen her around town, who knows if she's even staying in Tulsa at all. If I knew any better I would say I was just drunk out my ass and it wasn't even her. But I remember those eyes, if you can come across a feature in someone that beautiful and unique you just don't forget about it.

It was the middle of the day, the gang was all busy at either work or school and I was bored. I walked into the local shopping mart, seeing if there was anything worth a steal.

I strolled through the isles, the employees eyeing me down from past encounters. I scoffed with a smirk and looked at the store manager who was giving me a glare that could kill, "What? Don't believe that people can change? What about second chances?" I teased

"Oh please Winston, we all know you don't change. You're lucky I even let you in this store." He spat

I snickered and pulled a cancer stick out from my jacket, lighting it and taking a long pull. "Can you please put out that cigarette, son?" The manager requested

I blew the smoke out from my lungs and shook my head, "I'll pass."

The manager scoffed and shook his head, mumbling under his breath as he walked away. "Damn kids."

I snickered to myself and kept traveling the isles. It wasn't long until I decided nothing caught my attention and it was time to move on to the next mini mart, I went to the front of the store and passed by the check out lane, there was a woman holding a child.

The child was a young boy, not quite a baby but not quite a toddler. He had hair the color of milk chocolate and fiddled with a toy car as who I assumed was his mother held him with one arm as she used her other to gather her groceries. I didn't think much of it, until I saw the face of the woman who was holding the child. It was Lynn.

I did more than a double take, I nearly didn't believe it. I looked harder, no doubt in my mind that wasn't Lynn. Now I have more questions than ever, I decided to approach her.

I walked up to where she could hear me and furrowed my eyebrows, "Lynn?"

She whipped her head towards me in so much shock it night as well have been fear. She looked taken aback, speechless. "Dallas?"

"Hey I just, saw you from over there and decided to say hi." I replied as I walked up closer to Lynn

She looked embarrassed, uncomforable. I wonder if it was because of the obvious elephant in the room. I might as well ask, right? "You a mom now?"

Lynn hesitated and scratched her neck, trying to hide behind her hair. "Uh...yeah...I am..."

"I mean," I thought for a moment, "We're both 18, aren't we?"

"Yeah." Lynn sighed as she rushed gathering her groceries

"I think I left NY about 4 years ago, right after high school started. Is that when...?" I hesitated to ask

"Yeah it happened in NY, but I live here now just me and my son is that what you'd like to know?" Lynn talked fast

The cashier took Lynn's money and she carried her bag of belongings and walking past me. I followed, what's with her attitude? "Lynn, I'm just trying to catch up. I mean we were friends, weren't we?"

"Yeah, we were. And they were good times but a lot has changed, Texas. I know its incredibly ironic and almost strange we end up in the same place after all this time but things have changed." Lynn replied

I got nearly frustrated, "So what? You don't want to be friends then?"

Lynn sighed in frustration as she reached her car and put both the bag and the child in the backseat. She replied as she buckled in the boy, "That's not what I said Dallas. I'm just saying things aren't the way they used to be, alright?"

I made a frustrated face and scoffed, "That just don't make sense."

She closed the car door and huffed, "Then it won't make sense."

She got into the driver's seat and left me hangin. I threw my hands up in confusion but decided to shake it off once she started the car. I walked out and away, there's something she's not telling me. There's a lot she's not telling me. But now I want to know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
821 words

(I don't have any GIFs so enjoy this hot young Skeet Ulrich) spending nearly 12 hours a day at school until November woop woop

(I don't have any GIFs so enjoy this hot young Skeet Ulrich) spending nearly 12 hours a day at school until November woop woop. How is the story so far? Comment any feedback, all comments are appreciated♡
- Mahal

9/18/18