m e e t t h e g a n g

"you always gain by giving love

"you always gain by giving love." - Reese Witherspoon
~

lynn

I was giving Gabe his lunch in the kitchen, he's completely switched over to all solid foods in a matter of weeks. I couldn't believe it, Dally must have a magic touch. I gave Gabe some yogurt since he loves it to much, and a small turkey wrap. I was cleaning up the aftermath of meal prep when I heard the front door open. "Hey, Calico!"

"Yeah?" I called back

Dallas entered the kitchen with an expression brighter than usual, "I've got some exciting news."

"You're pregnant?" I joked, cleaning up Gabe's mouth from the yogurt lining it

Dallas sat next to me, "No, but I just went down to the DX and talked with a few of my buddies who work there."

"About what?" I asked

Dallas snaked an arm around my waist and scooted closer to me, the sudden touch making butterflies erupt in my stomach. "Let's just say when I'm not here watching Gabe, I'll be working the DX on weekends."

I gasped and turned my head to Dallas, his happy expression met mine. "That's great, Dal!"

I kissed Dallas and hugged him tightly, I was surprised by how excited he was about getting a job. I released from the hug but his hands still lightly held my waist. "They also noticed I've been more busy lately, and out of trouble."

I raised an eyebrow, "Is that a good or a bad thing?"

Dallas shrugged, "Eh...bittersweet."

I chuckled and turned my attention back to Gabe, looks like he's done with his food. Dallas added, "They wanna met ya."

I did a double take and then turned back to Dal, he looked nervous. I don't know why, but his nerves radiated onto me and I grew a little anxious as well. I smiled, "Really?"

Dallas smiled back and pulled me closer, "Yeah, we're all going to the Nightly Double tonight and they said I should bring you."

I wiped my sweaty palms on my pants and stuttered, "Gabe too?"

Dally nodded, "Of course, Gabe too."

"Will they be rough?" I asked, concerned about Gabe

Dallas hesitated, "Probably, but they'll be gentle around Gabe. If they're not I'll knock their lights out."