Prologue

Was life ever perfect?

It seems as if everything starts well, your life looking normal and well. You have a parent or a guardian who provide for you, and you believe that your life is perfect. But it seems with age and a growing realization of one's surroundings, things seem to start falling apart. In life there is always something chasing a person, weighing them down and sinking them into inevitable sadness and despair. Sometimes things work out, your able to jump the hurdles that life throws your way, and other times, some aren't so lucky.

As a child, Izuku Midoriya had a wonderful life. His mother and father nurturing and caring for him lovingly as he grew. He was a sweet boy, always worrying and eager to help others in need. It's what he did best, and it made him idolise the idea of becoming a hero.

Izuku had his own hurdles thrown at him at a young age, his father working abroad for the most part to care for him and his mother, and his mother still trying to get used to parenting alone, but that's okay. Problems like this soon will slip into normality in his life, and he got used to it. He continued on with his mother by his side and developed as any young child would. Making friends, going to school, dreaming of his future, everything.

His next hurdal, however, was not going to be as easy to jump over.

Despite his love of heros, and his want to become one in his near future, the goal was farther than he initially thought. While everyone around him was discovering their newfound powers, he was left with nothing. His mother was heartbroken knowing her sons dream was slipping from being a reality, so she tried her best. She encouraged her son, went from doctor to doctor asking for reasons and solutions to no avail.

Izuku was quirkless.

As a mother, this pained Inko to see her child so distraught while being so young. Tears flooded his eyes as she peered into his dimly lit room from the doorway, her son removing his gaze from his computer to her. As his initial sobbing began, so did his mothers. Running towards her son, she didn't know what to say in the moment.

"I'm sorry, Izuku."

And It seemed those words broke his heart even more.

Despite the weeping from the mother and son in the middle of the room, the young greenett still glanced longingly at his computer, a video of the number one hero continuing to play in the moment. He saved hundreds in that disaster with a smile, laughing heartily as if to calm the people around him. He was a hero unlike any other.

But who would be Izuku's hero?

After a quiet dinner of pork cutlet bowls that didn't seem to taste as good as they used to, Inko looked at her son and sighed, tucking him into his bed and kissing his forehead as if to say goodnight. Despite the discouragement from his mother, and the fact that his dream was nearly crushed, the child still faced the trials and tribulations of exhaustion. His eyes started to flutter closed, and soon enough he was lulled into a peaceful sleep.

It was not long until a dream started to swirl in his mind, but that was normal. Despite having the mundane life of a middle class toddler, Izuku often had wild and crazy dreams. Some having to do with All Might, his number one favorite hero, or perhaps one where he stood in his place. As a symbol of peace to the average citizens of the city. He had come to realize that his dreams were often forgotten if not written down, and with most of them being successes he decided to start a dream journal. As it slowly filled you could detect certain patterns and themes in his scratchy handwritten notes, but it was to be expected. He was just a kid, after all.

And so was she.

He entered a black room, one with no beginning or end, no ceilings or walls. In Front of him was an ornate yet dated door. As he approached, the doorknob was covered in dust, but still seemed to be in good condition. Placing a hand on it, he slowly turned it to be met with an awe inspiring scene.

As he stepped through the doorframe, it was like the door had disappeared, but he did not notice. Midoriya took in the scene in front of him, his look of skepticism turning into one of happyness. He stood in a field of white lilies that seemed neverending. The area he was in seemed to be loosely closed off by a church like building with no windows or doors. Sturdy oak beams with lavish carvings engraved in them spiralled together creating an ornate ceiling like nothing he had ever seen before.

It was not long, however, until he snapped back awake. Sitting up in his bed and rubbing his eyes, Midoriya felt in a surprisingly good mood. Hastily jumping from his bed he grabbed his trusty dream journal and jotted down the events of his dream, making sure to go into detail before he forgot the place.

It seemed important in a way,

But why?