Chapter Two

This was very unexpected.

For most of his life, Izuku has had short dreams about this place. He had never been able to make it this far into the realm, and now that he was here he didn't know what to do. Combined with the fact that a pretty girl smiled so genuinely at him made things even more different than usual. Trying to get a firmer grasp on his surroundings, he stuttered out a response to the mysterious girl.

"F-friends?"

She smiled. "Why yes silly! Why? Do you not want to be friends?"

Her happy demeanor fell into one more sorrowful, and Izuku apologized profusely once more.

"N-no! Nothing like that. It's just, I'm not used to friends thats all."

Her smile returned. "I see. I guess we are similar in that sense. Whenever other kids were ever around they were all too scared to talk to me."

She turned to the vast field of lilies before her, then looked back at Izuku. "Well that's besides the point, what do you want to do?"

He was confused. "What do you mean?"

"Well we are in a dream world after all, we can do anything!"

Izuku was stuck. They were in a dream, but he couldn't think of anything to do. His dreams were starting to come true in real life, so what else was there to do?

"Well," He stated, "How about we just talk."

Her head tilted to the side in confusion. "Just.... Talk?"

He smiled at her. "Yea! I mean, if we're going to be friends we should probably get to know eachother better right?"

"That sounds...."

She was silent for a moment.

"Perfect."

With that, (Y/N) snapped her fingers and a small table with chairs appeared before them. Some coffee and sweets sat on an elegant white tablecloth as well. As they sat down, the two began to chat a bit. It was mostly Izuku talking about his life prompted by (Y/N)'s questions. Though it started a tad bit slow, the conversation flowed into one of old friends rather than complete strangers.

Izuku felt quite relieved at the moment. In his current state at school and home, he was dealing with a lot of stress that he couldn't really vent to anyone. And while it wasn't a huge need to talk to someone, he could talk to his mother about most things and All Might about powers, it was nice feeling this security from someone. He had only known this girl for a short while, but he had a gut feeling he could trust her. Maybe it was her motherly atmosphere, or her approachable smile, but either way he just knew. Her expressions and responses were so genuine and her questions so engaging, its as if time just flew by. He has never had something like her in his life.

And it was nice.

She took the last sip of her coffee and almost spat it out due to laughter from Izuku's story of his first day at UA. The story was sort of unique in its own way, but not particularly funny. Swallowing down her coffee, she tried her best to compose herself.

"What's so funny?"

She smirked at this, still trying to keep her laughter to a minimum. "Well, I just thought of a new nickname for this Bakugou kid that I think will be a hit with your classmates."

He smiled. "And what might that be?"

"Baku-hoe."

It was Izuku's turn to laugh with her, cheeks rosy and eyes squinted shut. As things seemed to calm down, (Y/N) wiped tears from the corners of her eyes.

"Well? What do you think?"

Izuku giggled. "Well I think it would indeed be a hit. If he needs to be provoked I guess I know just what to say."

Her trademark smile stuck to her face as she opened her mouth as if to say something, but stopped before anything could be said. Her face fell slightly but the positive mood was still there. Turning around to see what she was looking at, the door appeared. Still ornate and old looking, it stood in the field of lilies not far behind them. (Y/N) cleared her throat.

"Well I guess it's time for you to go."

Izuku's smile faltered. "Well, alright. I have to go back sometime, right?"

She nodded her head, smile returning.

"Yea. I will see you tomorrow night, right?"

He nodded his head, smile returning. "Yes, definitely."

With a small wave and a short goodbye, Izuku opened the door and stepped into the other side. Before his foot hit the ground is emerald eyes shot open. Rubbing his tired eyes and shutting off his alarm, he stretched and gazed around his room. He quickly got ready, brushing his hair and eating his breakfast, and finally grabbing his dream journal before heading out the door towards his school. He had a lot to write about today after all, he couldn't reduce it to a few sentences hastily scribbled while eating breakfast like before. This dream was obviously different.

After a short walk Izuku made it to his homeroom and sighed. Walking to his seat he was approached by Ochaco and Iida once more. As they spoke his mind started to wander, and when class finally started it was the perfect time to reflect on what happened. Flipping open his dream journal to a blank page, he started writing down what went down. (Y/N), her attitude, the coffee, the conversation. White lilies and a cathedral with no windows. Despite his conversation with (Y/N), he still thought of the interaction as just a dream. It was quite possible that it could be someones quirk, so he would just have to return and find out right? He sighed and closed the notebook, deciding to listen to whatever the teacher was trying to teach him.

The day passed by like any other, regular schooling, battle training with the class, walking home with the squad, and finally arrive home. As he entered he took off his trademark red sneakers and greeted his mother per usual. He then went to his room to just hang out before dinner, maybe do his homework or do some hero research. Dinner went as planned, he talked to his mother about what happened that day at school and asked about what she did that day as well.

At the end of dinner he helped his mother wash the dishes, a comfortable silence draping over the atmosphere. Giving his mother a quick kiss on the cheek he bid her a goodnight. She was slightly surprised at his notion, but brushed it off as being tired. Being at UA must take a toll on someone, especially if they had just developed a powerful quirk.

Once again preparing for bed, he draped a blanket over his body and let his head hit the pillow. It was not long before he had fallen asleep and was met with the door once more. Opening it per usual, he was once more met with the cathedral of white lilies. In the distance he saw the silhouette of (Y/N) and smiled.

Walking into the wonderland he quickly ran up to her. Greeting the green haired boy, (Y/N) was equally as excited to see him back. Grasping his hand and jogging forward, he was soon spiraled into the same predicament of yesterday. Here, with a girl he could trust, being able to do anything he wanted, for hours on end. It was perfect.

Despite the rather mundane activities from the night prior, things were a bit more exciting this time around. Despite not knowing how to dance, (Y/N) dragged Izuku into it anyways. He would have to learn at some point right? Might as well now. He blushed at the close contact, but quickly pushed that thought aside as she gave clear and concise instructions on how to to a simple waltz. Soon enough he was a pro, and the two danced the night away.

Sadly, their fun came to a halt when the door appeared once more. Once again conveying a simple goodbye, Izuku went back into the real world with his alarm blaring into the once quiet morning atmosphere. He lazily shut it off, and started his day per usual. On the way to school he could not help being in such a good mood. He had seen (Y/N) again and had a wonderful evening full of dancing and laughter. His happiness persisted as he entered his class and greeted his friends enthusiastically.

It was all so perfect, so very perfect.