Chapter Six

The black door had appeared, and Izuku stepped through it without hesitance.

Walking into the dream realm was like a weight was lifted off of Izuku's shoulders. His face was red and his eyes puffy, but the smile he had when he saw (Y/N) was one of pure happiness. When she turned towards him she smiled, and the familiar worried face soon returned per usual. She was always worried about Izuku, but he looked like a wreck at the moment.

"Izuku what happened?"

He didn't reply to his friends inquiries, just embraced her. They had only slight physical contact before, mostly dancing or using each others legs as pillows, but nevertheless this hug felt different to (Y/N). As she wrapped her arms around his shaking torso, she could not help but suspect something serious had just gone down. They stayed in eachothers arms for a minute or two until Izuku's body stopped shaking and his sobs ceased to escape his lips. She pulled away keeping her hands on his shoulders.

"Izuku, what's wrong?"

He sighed, answering with his voice shaky. "(Y/N)..... (Y/N) I messed up."

She knew he needed to talk, and opened her mouth as if to ask more questions, but stopped. Her eyes widened with terror and Izuku turned to see what she was looking at, only to hear a shatter come from behind them. His eyes widened as well at the sight of the demolished door in front of them.

On the outside of their dream realm, Inko Midoriya had just finished making some dinner for her and her son. She knocked on his door gently.

"Izuku, dinner is done! I made your favorite."

No reply.

She stood there for a few moments before stepping in hesitantly.

"Izuku? Sweetie-"

She stopped as soon as she saw him flopped on his bed, and the trash littering his bedroom floor. Hastily walking over to her son she shook his shoulder, but he showed no reply. She lightly tapped his cheek.

"Izuku, wake up!"

Anxiety grew at the pit of her stomach when she saw her son unresponsive. Worried, she put her fingers on his wrist and checked for a pulse.

It was barely there.

Putting two and two together she broke out into a cry and grabbed the phone to get an ambulance.

"Izuku what did you do!"

(Y/N) was frantic. The door had shattered, and a gut instinct set in. Her mind just seemed to connect and tell her what was happening.

"I- I started taking sleeping pills! Over the counter meds my mom had extra's of. Bakugo started beating me up after school and my old anxieties came back and I didnt know how to escape it other than to come here!"

She grabbed her head in frustration. "Izuku why didn't you tell me! I could have helped you through this!"

"I didn't want to burden you... my teacher found the pills in my bag and called my mom. My class knows, my mom knows, my idols know. I came here on the last of them to come completely clean."

"Izuku, how much was the rest of them?"

Izuku remained silent, seemingly ashamed of his actions.

"Izuku, please."

He looked down. "Half a bottle...."

(Y/N)'s eyes filled with tears and she rushed to grab her friends shoulders once more. "Izuku, why?"