Miss Baker

-Requested by II_Medusa_II! I'm sorry if I might of gotten the name wrong in some way. Thank you and enjoy! ❤️

-Y/N = your name
-L/N = last name
-H/T = hair type
-H/C = hair color
-F/C = favorite color

Toshinori's POV

Today started off well enough as usual, aside from the occasional coughing and spitting up of blood. Although, I didn't do it as much as yesterday, so it must be a good day for me. I brought a coat and scarf with me since it was in the middle of winter. The sky was grey and cloudy as specks of snow descended upon the city.

Don't get me wrong; it was sure one hell of a view, but I'd be damned if I froze to death out here. A chilly breeze blew against my cheek, resulting in me pulling my coat tighter around my body and my scarf further above my nose.

"Brrrrr." My teeth clattered as I shivered. If I was still able to retain my muscle form without loosing it, then I wouldn't have a problem.

"BRRRR." God, it's freezing out here. I should probably find shelter somewhere, AWAY from the cold, I thought to myself as I sped up my walking pace, in search of somewhere warm.

That was until I stumbled upon a small bakery with large windows shone brightly from the light inside. Now that I thought about it, I came here before and never once seen it open to the public. Obviously somebody just opened for business. A sigh of relief passed my lips as I jogged up to the door. As I opened it, it's mechanism triggered the bell hovering above to ring, echoing throughout the shop.

Immediately, I was enveloped in a soothing warmth that scared the chills away, let alone the sweet aroma of freshly baked cookies lingering under my nose and I could almost salivate. "This is much better." I cupped my hands together, blowing into them before rubbing them together; rinse and repeat until the residual cold diminished.

I glanced around the store, seeing cute dessert-related decorations adorning the yellow painted walls, followed up by sunflowers. Funny; sunflowers in the middle of winter.

A smile formed as I venture further into the shop when I suddenly heard a loud crash from my left and a voice came after. "Damn it!" I quickly turned my attention towards the direction of the commotion and saw a girl kneeling down to pick up fallen boxes with items scattered on the floor.

She appeared to have an apron on so I assumed she was the baker and possibly owner of the shop. But that didn't matter at the moment as she needed some help so without hesitation, I went to help her.

"Here, miss, let me give you a hand," I insisted, kneeling down and carefully picking up stray knick knacks, stuffing them back into the box with ease.

"Thanks a lot! These boxes can get a little heavy sometimes," she giggled and picked up the last few pieces of decorations. Everything was back in the box when I went to pick it up for her in which she tried to refuse, "No no no no, I got it from here."

"It's alright, I really don't mind" I insisted a second time, trying not to exert myself or else I'd start coughing up blood and trust me when I say this; it's not a pretty sight to see. Her concern was there like as if she'd known how severe my condition was. "A-Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm positive," I nodded, giving her a reassuring grin. That was when I truly noticed her. She was very beautiful; her h/t h/c hair settled above her shoulders and her face had this softness to it. If you were ever to touch her face, it would feel like silk. An interesting description, but that's what I thought for first impressions.

I've never really seen anyone like her before, however. I felt my cheeks heat up. A weird feeling in my stomach started to distract me, but I did my best to ignore it. I hope she didn't notice.