Why?

He walked through the house with a knife in his hand, slowly and quietly humming a tune. There's no way she could escape, the doors are locked, the windows are bolted shut and he has the keys. All of them. She can run, she can cry, she can scream, she can beg, but there's no getting out whether she likes it or not. He dragged the blade along the wall, creating a sharp, screeching noise that made her heart race and go into panic mode.

Even though she's running for her life, he trailed slowly behind her, almost in a mocking kind of way because they both knew that she can't go anywhere. "You can run love, but you can't hide." He let out a sadistic laugh and began to quicken his pace to catch up to the running girl. He sotted a flash of her jet black hair and his face lit up in a smile. Her exotic perfume filled the air as he got closer to her. When she was in his view, he stopped, chuckled, than ran after her.

She screamed but before she could make it another step further, he threw a dagger in her direction. It dug into her shoulder and an ear piercing scream filled the atmosphere. "Now, now, as much as I enjoy your screaming, it's beginning to hurt my ears. I might get a headache." She could feel his breath tickling her neck, sending chills down her spine. 'Since when he was this close to me?' she thought while crying silent tears knowing that he's got her again now and there's nothing she can do about it.

"Run."

He smirked and lazily unbuttoned his shirt revealing numerous knives hidden inside. He took out five more and sent them flying into her back. Blood splashed everywhere as he jumped in front of her and with one quick motion; he splashed the surface of her stomach, blood once more splattering out of her mouth as she coughed it up, staining the ground with red liquid. His eyes widened and a Cheshire cat-like grin overtook his facial features. He found a sick pleasure and enjoyed this very much. "You look stunning my love." He whispered to her catching her by her arm before she could collapse on the ground.

She had a dazed look in her eyes, and that just turned him on. Her eyes were hooded, mouth slightly agape and long, slow breaths escaped her red lips. Blood gushed from her head, slowly dripping down her face, passing by her eyes to look like red tears. 'Isn't she magnificent?' he thought in his mind.

He slowly and gently held her waist and took out all the knives from her. He carefully pressed his body against her and backed her up against the bookshelf nearby. He took his free hand and caressed her face admiring every detail of the girl. To anyone else, he would look so in love and if she was a boy, she would look at it the same way; she would actually believe that they are in love with each other. He smiled charmingly at her and lowered his head closer to hers and softly kissed her lips.

He could taste the metallic flavour on her cherry lips, savouring the moment of utter bliss that he felt, and you know what? She used to enjoy every moment of contact that they had. Was this love? Maybe someday it would have been? She loved him with all her heart and body but it was never that clear if he ever really loved her genuinely. With pleasure comes pain but, pain is all he knows; he twisted this pain into pleasure and he enjoys it a little too much.

But she was in love with a killer and at the back of her mind, she knew that this might be the end eventually, that it would evidently end this way. A masochistic thriller if you would call it so. It use to drive her wild, it was her burning desire. She hated that she loved him but there was once a time when he used to treat her like royalty. He would adorn her with gifts to show his undying love towards her. That's far gone now. What ever happened to that person he used to be? Was it his fault the light vanished from her eyes? Why couldn't she leave sooner? Was there something tying her to his side? What was happening? Why?