His Romantic Side

"His romantic side is so cute," Levy said with a blush. "I never thought he'd do cute stuff before we started dating. But I guess it was just a nice little surprise when I found out. One more thing to love,"

Reason Three - His Romantic Side

~•~

Levy's P.O.V.

"Jeez, we've barely talked in the last two weeks and now he sends me a note saying to meet him at some old abandoned house?" I complain to myself, waving around the piece of paper as I walk through a random field to the said place on the other side. "What's he playing at? And the fact that the fields all wet to; this better be good,"

I continued to mutter complaints under my breath all the way across the soaked, grassy field until the moment I stepped into the old, creaky building. Boards of wood and nails were scattered in front of the entrance. And by entrance I mean loose boards of wood I can fit through. Besides that, it was to dark to see anything else.

"Hello? Gajeel?" I yelled, cupping my hands around my mouth. "Are you here?"

"Yeah Shrimp, I'm here,"

I sighed. "Alright. Where, exactly?"

I heard him chuckle, along with a loud thump. "Right here. Can't you see me?"

I twitch. "No not really, it's dark in here if you couldn't tell already,"

"No not really,"

I clenched my fist together at my side. "You're just trying to make me mad aren't you?"

"Maybe,"

I let all the angry that's been bottled up inside me for a while come out. "What do you want? You've been gone from everything and everyone for two weeks! I haven't even talked to you since you said you'd be busy for a while," I said, venom filling the word busy.

He fell silent after that. All I could hear was him shuffling around.

"What're you doing?" I sighed, regretting getting so mad.

"Sorry," he muttered, lights flickering on to show him standing next to a wooden table that had crumpled papers and pieces of metal scattered around. "I meant to come see you more, but I got to excited,"

"What'd you mean?" I asked.

He gestured for me to come over. "Come see,"

I slowly and carefully walked in between all the scraps and junk on the concrete floor over to where Gajeel and was along with the table.

He smiled a little bit, his fist closed together in front of him. "Come closer and close your eyes,"

I nodded, taking a few more step forward so I was almost standing right in front of him and closed my eyes.

I felt a cold thin chain being slid around my neck and a small click as something fell into place.

"Open your eyes,"

I let my eyes open and adjust to the light again, quickly looking down to the new accessory around my neck with pure awe.

It was a metal chain with a little handmade pendant of a circle. I picked up the circle gently in between my fingers, lightly rubbing it.

Rubbing it, I felt something move.

"Ah, it think I broke it!" I cried, dropping it from my hands and letting it fall back to my neck.

Gajeel chuckled and took another step closer and picked up the circle, pushing the top layer of it one way to reveal little mechanisms turning on the inside.

"It's suppose to do that Shrimp," he said, pushing it back into a circle. "I wanted to make you something, and sense your smart I thought maybe that's like mini version of your brain,"

I laughed, my face falling immediately after. "It's, beautiful,"

He frowned. "Why do you look sad? Don't you like it?"

I nodded. "Oh yeah! I love it! But, I just got mad at you a couple minutes ago. I'm feel so bad now,"

He shrugged. "Don't worry about it, you didn't know what I was doing. I understand why you got mad," he said, tilting my head up. "I know you still love me,"

I giggled, pecking his cheek. "Of course, Romeo,"

He made a small tch and turned away, dropping his hand from my head, but not before I saw his pink cheeks.

~•~

"He's so sweet and amazing, whatever he's doing. Especially when it's something romantic for the two of us," Levy said, looking off into the distance. "I enjoy those little moment more then he'll ever know,"

~end~

Next time - My Best Catch