5 || {Puberty}

"Students, say hey to your new classmate." Everyone said formally hello and Chaelin smirked, Jaemin was in her class. "Why don't you tell us something about you?" The teacher spoke calmly and Jaemin nodded. "My name is Na Jaemin and I hope you will take care of me, thank you." He bowed to his new classmates and walked to the back of the classroom, he took the seat behind Chaelin's. Ms Park started her lesson by writing something on the blackboard and Jaemin tapped on Chaelin's shoulder to get her attention. She ignored him, just to get to know how he would react. 

Jaemin leaned forward over his desk and whispered her name. "Chaelin... Kim Chaelin... Chaelin-ah... Please just look at me for a second." She giggled and ms Park turned around with an angered face because of the noisy student. Jaemin immediately sat back in his seat properly and the teacher continued to write on the blackboard. "Chaelin-ah!!" He whisper-shouted and the girl next to her turned around. First she just observed his face and then shot him a beautiful eye-smile. "So you're Na Jaemin? Chaelin unnie told me she knows you, I'm her best friend, Lee Mina." Jaemin's eye-brow raised at the word unnie, just like Chaelin, who turned her face to her friend.

"Why do you say-" Mina placed her hand on Chaelin's mouth and continued to talk with Jaemin. "Oppa, I could show you the school if you want." Chaelin choked at the word oppa and ms Park turned around once again. "Kim Chaelin! I'm trying to teach you guys something! But if you and miss Lee rather bother our new student, then you can leave the classroom!" Chaelin lowered her head and Mina put on sweet eyes at the teacher. "I'm sorry miss Park." Chaelin looked up at her friend who stood up to bow at the teacher and found it weird. "It's okay miss Lee, you can just sit down again." Mina nodded happily and sat down again. 

Chaelin scoffed at her friend, who is usually being clever but rather rude to teachers. They used to be the top-team at pranking all the teachers and students at the school, teachers didn't dare to say anything to them because they would just talk back. Suddenly, Mina was being nice to ms Park, their least favorite teacher. She kept on observing her friend during the whole lesson and she noticed Mina payed more attention to Jaemin than her.

🌸✨🌸✨🌸✨🌸✨🌸

"Why aren't you with Mina?" Jeno asked the girl and she shrugged. "I don't want to be around her right now." Jeno placed his cup of ramen on the table and gave Chaelin a questioning look. "Why? You guys usually can't be separated by anyone!" Chaelin looked up at him as she spoke with her mouth full of bread. "She's going through puberty." Jeno furrowed his eyebrows but immediately understood what she tried to say: Na Jaemin came through the door of the cafetaria with a laughing Mina holding his arm tight. Chaelin groaned as the two came in their direction and she laid her head in her arms.

"Hey guys! Jeno, Renjun,... Chaelin?..." Mina let go of his arm and he sat down next to Chaelin as he put his hand on her back and patted it. "Are you feeling well? Are you sick? Should I walk you to the nurse?" Chaelin's face blushed red and she shook her head, leaving her head in her arms. "I'm fine." "What? You're fainting?" She shook her head again and spoke louder this time. "I AM FINE." He nodded and got his hand of her back. Jeno smirked as he continued eating his food. "Why are you laughing?" Jaemin questioned his friend and he shook his head. "Think twice before thinking when I'm around." Jaemin's face got all red and he shot Jeno a deathly look. "I'll kill you."

🌸✨🌸✨🌸✨🌸✨🌸

"Bye, Jaemin oppa!" "Bye, Mina!" They smiled as they said their goodbyes and Mina walked the other direction. Jeno waited for Chaelin as she was taking her workbooks out of her locker. "You like Jaemin, don't you?" Chaelin bumped her head to the locker and patted it as she turned around to face her friend. "What? No! I like him the same way I like you and Renjun and Chenle and Donghyuck! Wait... I actually like him more than Donghyuck, Donghyuck is way to rude." Jeno face-palmed. "Since I know exactly what you're thinking, I believe you." Chaelin smiled and closed her locker, she put the key in her pocket and carried her books in her arms. She wanted to put it in her backpack but Jeno quickly grabbed her hand and intertwined their fingers. Chaelin's face reddened but she didn't pull away. Jeno shot her an eye-smile and started walking out the building, keeping their hands intertwined.

The two were laughing and Chenle's jaw dropped when he saw them walking in his direction, hands intertwined. He turned to face Renjun, who had the same reaction. "Are they... Really dating? It was fake wasn't it?" Renjun shrugged and Jaemin started laughing. "What? They, dating? Hahaha don't make me laugh, their not each other's type. Why are they even holding hands?"

Chaelin and Jeno joined their friends and Chaelin pulled her hand out of Jeno's as soon as she realized why their friends were looking that way. Her cheeks turned red and she stroke her hair behind her ear with her free hand. Jaemin coughed as he stood in between them. "Are we leaving? By the way, Chaelin-a!" She connected with Jaemin's eyes and the boy got uncomfortable as he stuttered.  "Uh.. Do-don't you... No, w-why are y-you holding all those w-workbooks in your arm?" Chaelin chuckled and placed her bag on the ground to put her books in it. Jeno laughed and everyone looked at him. "My superpower is so much better than yours. Are we leaving?" The boys nodded and the five teenagers left the school.

  🌸✨🌸✨🌸✨🌸✨🌸 

"Donghyuck would meet us here, he would first visit Jungwoo." Jeno said as he put his phone back in his pocket. The friends were sitting in an tea shop because Jaemin would treat them to Bubble tea as he promised Chaelin. "Here are your orders. Do you need anything else?" Jeno shook his head and the waitress left them. Everyone was talking and having lots of conversation while Chaelin just listen and sipped her tea. Jaemin turned to look at the girl. "Why are you so silent?" She shrugged and looked back in his eyes. She didn't say anything and they both just looked in each other's eyes, Jaemin started laughing but Chaelin didn't. "Come on, cheer up!" She shook her head and sipped her tea again. Jaemin shrugged and talked to the other boys.

Soon enough, Donghyuck came in with Jungwoo following behind. They had little bruises on their body. A big cut was seen on Jungwoo's cheek. Chaelin stood up and walked to her brother, who refused to look in her eyes. She looked up at the tall boy and put her hand on his cheek. "Oppa... How did that happen?" He didn't react. "Talk to me, Jungwoo." Still no reaction. "THEN AT LEAST LOOK IN MY EYES WHEN IS SPEAK!" There she got what she wanted, he looked straight in her eyes, she looked back. The big difference in height made it look like a movie scene.

"You want to know what happened, Chaelin? You really don't want to..." Chaelin shook her head and crossed her arms. "I want to help you, I won't tell mom." He sighed. "There is something you should know about having superpowers..." She was confused and Jungwoo looked around before he spoke again.

"We're being hunted."

A/N: sorry for any typos... I didn't proofread, I'm too lazy. I hope y'all are having a great day!! I feel like making a chat+sns fanfiction but at the same time I don't think I'll be able to manage that with this book and school and stuff... What do you think? Don't forget to comment which ship you want !! I still didn't decide :))

xxx

-J