2: The Information Needed To Act

I sulked , sucking on my lollipop distractedly.  Another one of my leads just went cold, and my informant -killed. Goddamnit Sorenson. She didn't know who I was or why I was coming after her, but she knew when there was a move against her. I'd have to change my tactics..more sneaky. 

Perhaps it was time to change my search scope. You see, I had been looking for instances where Sorenson..or Sang as she preferred, did stuff that were beyond her jurisdiction. I.E illegal activities, murders, personal vendettas and all that jazz. The informant I had, who was following a trail, was someone she'd betrayed too. Bob Maldings. Slimy man, good informant. I huffed, swirling my tongue around the ball of candy.  

"You got some serious tongue work going on in that mouth of yours hon" Stevie the bartender pointed out, wiping the glasses down. "Everything alright?" He asked. I hummed non-commitedly still thinking of how I could gather information. She had to have made slip-ups along the way. She probably will too. I just gotta find it. But there were too many drug cartels, too many trafficking rings, too many money-laundering companies for me to narrow down which one(s) she was involved in. 

Stevie tapped the wood of the bar. I jerked my head, indicating that he had my attention. "When I got a problem, and I'm sure you do...I like to go to the roots of it. Get inside of the problem and attack it from the inside y'know?" He said, musing. I flicked my eyes up to his. That's it! I..How did I not see this sooner? "That's it!" I chirped. Stevie lit up, "Happy to help honey!"He called, walking off to attend to a customer. I left a few notes to cover the bill and a handsome tip. I grabbed my jacket and fished out some lollipops from behind the counter, stuffing them into my jacket pocket. "Sugar, that ain't too good for ya" A voice drawled from my side. I turned and saw a blonde hair man with long-ish hair, grinning at me. His friend/boyfriend sat next to him, eyes judging my outfit and my appearance. 

"Oh? You a doctor, mister?" I asked him. "HAH this knucklehead, a doctor? Luke's more into acquisitions, than helping people. The helping stuff is for our other..brother" The blonde's friend spoke up. 

"Ah so you're brothers then." I hummed, slowly pulling my lollipop out  of my mouth, as I sized them up. "Yeah, what'd you expect? I ain't gay" Luke's friend said defensively. "Disappointing really" I voiced flippantly, losing interest in the conversation. "It's disappointing that Gabe and I are brothers? Little lady you're drunk and not thinking right. We don't see each other that way." Luke mused, raising a brow. Popping my lolly back in, I made eye contact with Stevie, who was chortling under his breath. He knew what a tease I could be when I was feeling mischievous. Not to mention I could take care of myself if a man decided to force his advances on me.  I slowly removed the lollipop, making eye contact with Gabe.

"Oh no, Luke and Gabe... that's not it but I was thinking how wonderful it'd be to have two men in bed" I maintained eye contact with the friend, and occasionally flicked  my eyes over to Luke's, "Together." I licked my lollipop. "At the same time." I popped the lollipop back in.  The two boys-no, men, stared at me, their jaws dropped, and pupils dilated. "But! Since you're brothers, and so intent on making that distinction...then I guess that's not gonna happen. Hence, disappointing." I hummed, turning on my heel and walking to the door. 

"See ya Stevie!" I sang. Haha, get it, sang. The men were sputtering behind me, and I laughed, walking out and mounting my bike.  Damn that bitch. My mood darkened.

I slid the visor of my helmet down covering my eyes and I zoomed off to my temporary house. 

I guess, a shift is in order... Time to move back to the States.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Time Skip)

I sighed as I stepped foot on the ground. Never liked flying. I made my way to the customs agent and passed my passport to the man behind the glass. "Miss Alexandra Norton?" He asked.

I nodded my head, smiling charmingly at him. "That's my name, my good sir" I chirped. He blushed a little and asked "Coming back home?" 

"Oh, yes. It is so good to be back home" My grin widened. "Been chasing the wrong ideas all this time". He nodded in agreement, "Yeah, my brother had the wanderlust bug too. He's back now, for good we hope." 

"Wanderlust...Yeah, something like that" I fake smiled. Wanderlust, sure. He stamped my passport and waved me off with a "Welcome Home, ma'am!"

I collected my baggage with a scowl, thinking of all the things I had to do now that I was finally back in the States. It'd been 3years since I was officially killed. Presumed dead. 3 years since my family were killed for simply knowing me. Killed for a choice I made.

And it all traced back to one woman and that damned one organization she worked for. I whistled for a cab. I took out my phone and dialled a number. After 3 rings, a "HI" rang out. "Zee. It's me, I'm back in the States. I need you to get some packages for me. A ghost for Halloween. Sorenson. "

All I received was a "Consider it done" before the line went dead. The cab driver chuckled, "Planning for halloween miss?" He said conversationally. I nodded, "My niece absolutely loves playing dress up" I said. It wasn't a lie...Susie really did love dress up...Just that she wasn't around anymore for me to spoil her. Easy conversation flowed between the driver and I, which made the journey seem alot shorter. 

I reached my new apartment building and sighed. 

I looked around, and a gorgeous car caught my eye parked across the street. The owner walked out of the building next to it and got in really quickly, not giving me much time to see his face. I squinted at the building he had just exited's name.  Seargant Jasper. Huh.

Hopefully it wasn't a better apartment than mine. My agent said this was the best building this part of town. I mentally sighed, walking to my flat. Taking a deep breath, I unlocked the door. 

Sang Sorenson, your destruction starts today.

I shut the door behind me.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Heheheh so new chapter up lovelies! Took me a little longer to get this up as I got bombarded with assignments bleh.

Vote/Comment/Share! Whichever you wanna do :)

Hope y'all liked this chap and the direction of this one!

Cheers

CS