the boyfriend problem

Teenage!AU - You and Frank are life-long best friends. No Smut warning needed but there are hickeys and kissing involved. 

You sigh audibly as you kick off your shoes and crawl onto Frank's bed, he's been your best friend for years so this is normal now, familiar. His smile is bright and warming as he curls himself around you, protective arms circling your smaller frame as he plants a kiss on your hairline.

"What's wrong cutie-pie?" Frank hums, he always knows when something's on your mind

"There's this guy at school.." You groan, thinking about the weird twelfth-grader who always waits at the bus stop with you, it's times like these that you wish Frank went to public school with you instead of catholic school

"Hmm.. does my little Y/N have a crush?" Frank teases, squeezing you playfully

"The opposite" You mumble, turning around in his arms to face him "He's so intense, always asking me out and flirting like he has no shame but I'm so not into him"

"So tell him that" Frank shrugs nonchalantly "Not that I blame him, you're a beautiful girl - of course he wants to ask you out"

You blush at the compliment, still ill-equipped on how to process them though Frank sends them your way each day.

"I've tried telling him, he just doesn't seem to take no for an answer" You sigh, pushing your hair out of your face "I even lied and said I have a boyfriend outside of school but he doesn't believe me"

"What makes you think he doesn't believe you?" Frank frowns, his brow creasing in the centre

"He was asking to see pictures of him and started with all these questions and the lie just got bigger and now I'm in way deep" You pout

"So.. give him proof" Frank shrugged "Solid evidence that he can't argue with"

"Like what?" You eye him weirdly, a strange expression on his face

"Do you trust me, Y/N?" Frank wonders aloud, tilting his head thoughtfully

"You know I do-.."

"..- Close your eyes" Frank instructs, giving you a stern look when you try to speak again

You let your eyes flutter shut, hyper-aware that he's edging closer though you're not sure what for until he rests his hand underneath your jaw and gently tilts your head back. Your mind blanks for a moment until you feel his lips dragging against your throat, his teeth grazing gently along the skin until his tongue finds the place he's looking for and he bites down, pulling an uncontrollable moan from your lips.

He's sucking a bruise in the place where your pulse lies and you feel like your brain is short-circuiting because all you can focus on is how good his mouth feels against your skin and how you never want it to end. He breaks the contact shortly after, leaning back in momentarily to place a gentle kiss over the blemished skin before pulling back and admiring his handiwork.

".. and there you have your proof" He whispers hoarsely, and he's got a look in his eye that makes you think he hadn't planned this either and maybe he's as overwhelmed right now as you are.

"Can't argue with that" You murmur, a faint blush on your cheeks as Frank repositions himself behind you and pulls you in for a hug. You go willingly, and the rest of the night is spent in a comfortable, non-awkward silence.

-

By the time the next morning rolls around the bruise on your neck is glowing, it's so obvious that you consider putting make up over it to conceal it slightly but thinking back to how alive you felt when it happened, you think 'fuck it' and throw on your school uniform, a slight spring in your step as you leave your house and head towards the bus stop.