little bird

Your best friend Frank questions his sexuality - Friends to Lovers AU.  (Smut Warning!)

"Hey Y/N?" Frank spoke softly, you could tell he hadn't been paying attention to the movie for a while, he'd spaced out in thought and you'd been sneaking glances at him for the last half hour "How did you know you were bi?"

"Um.. well, I just realised I liked guys and girls" You shrugged nonchalantly "I was probably 14 when I realised for real but I'd had little crushes on both since I was a kid really"

"I just-.. I was with Gee for so long.." Frank sighed "..-and we were so young when we first got together I think that maybe I didn't really give it much thought, I was just too busy chasing him"

Frank was 21 now, you both were - you'd met at one of his shows a few years back and hit it off instantly and he'd quickly become your best friend, you were inseparable to the point where you'd happily let him move in with you when he broke up with his boyfriend Gee. They'd been a cute couple, childhood sweethearts who'd grown up together but drifted when Gee started his final year of Art college, you'd all remained friends - it was an amicable split and you were glad for Frank's sake if anything.

"Well, did you like any girls when you were growing up?" You ask, turning your attention away from the film and focusing solely on him, sat with his back against the headboard of his bed

"I guess-.. I mean, sure I thought girls were pretty and all but.. I don't know, I just always liked Gee-.. ever since I could remember he'd been Mikey's dorky big brother" he smiled fondly

"Well how about recently, I mean-.. you've been single for a while now.. any girls take your fancy, or guys for that matter?"

"Hm.. that guy at the coffee shop the other day was kinda cute I guess" Frank shrugged, looking thoughtful "and-.." he trailed off, chewing on his lower lip

"and?" You tilt your head, coaxing a blush from him as he finally revealed "Well.. there's this one girl, I guess.."

"Yeah?" You perk up, finally getting somewhere "Tell me about her, what's her name?"

"I can't say her name" He shook his head instantly, eyes wide

"Okay.." You smirk, tugging him down so you're both side by side on the pillows - the movie long forgotten in the background "So tell me about her, what you think about her"

Frank thought for a moment, pursing his lips "She's real pretty, and smart.. uh.. she makes me laugh.." he smiles shyly as he lists off her qualities "She's fun to be around, makes me happy.."

"Okay-.." You nod, thinking it over "Well.. I guess you could think of friends like that too so I don't know if it mean you're bisexual, Frank-.."

"But what about-.." He clamps his mouth shut, shutting his eyes momentarily before continuing "Don't laugh but.. I er.. think of her a lot when I'm.. y'know-..alone" he emphasises the 'alone' with an eyebrow raise but you decide to drag it out a bit more, embarrass him a little

"Oh yeah?" You hum "What sort of things do you think about, Frankie-boy?"

"I can't tell you that!" He scoffs, blushing furiously as he covers his face with his arms

"Come on!" You tease, tugging his arms away "I'm trying to help you here, tell me what you think about"

Frank sighs defeated, glancing at you for a second before laying on his back and closing his eyes with a long exhale "I swear to God you're lucky you're my best friend" He groans "If you repeat any of what I'm about to say to anyone I'll fucking kill you"