9

"This is too much, Coach! I can't play like this. What were you thinking having my wife and my ex in the same place? Are you declaring a world war III? Because if you are, I'm out of that shit," Alyssa brushed her hair in frustration. "I can't take this. I'm done, Coach. I don't want to play anymore."

"World war III? 3? You, Den and Laura. Den and Laura, both your world. Make sense. " Kim managed to let out a joke despite a ranging Alyssa in front of her. Alyssa and Gretchen glared at her as Gretchen slightly elbowed her. "What?"

"Shut up, Kim!" Alyssa exclaimed, angrily.

"Alyssa, calm the fvck down!" Gretchen said getting frustrated at Alyssa as well.

"How can I fvcking calm down, huh? Tell me!" Alyssa said and faced her friends. Charo, Kim and Gretchen are also with her. "This is all fvcked up now. First, Dennise will be in the team as well. Second, I'll be with her for how many months and third! Third, Laura will be our court-side reporter? Are you, guys, insane for suggesting her to be our CSR? Fvck!" She slammed the table harshly.

"We didn't know Dennise came back and we didn't even know she'll be part of the team. We have no idea, as well, Alyssa!" All of them are getting annoyed at her actions. "We thought you would be happy to know that Laura will be our CSR again."

"Yeah, I'd be very happy if it was before Dennise joined the team," Alyssa sat on the nearest couch. "Does Laura even know about this?"

"I actually called her a week ago and asked her, and she willingly said yes," Coach answered Alyssa. They are in the meeting room at the moment and the others stayed in the office. "She was even excited when I informed her. Don't take this away from her, Ly."

"But she doesn't know Dennise is here, does she?" Alyssa asked, but this time she's not shouting but the frown in her face remains. Everyone was silent, and was not able to answer her question. "Well, fvck. My life will be all fvcked up," she sighed and brushed her hair in frustration.

"We're sorry, Alyssa," Charo said, but Alyssa nodded as a response.

"Besides, Laura will be with us during the games only. Wala naman siya sa trainings, so there's a little time they'll see each other," coach said.

"That's not my point, Coach. The moment Laura knows that Dennise and I are on the same team, I know she won't stop thinking about it. I don't want her to worry," Alyssa buried her face on her palms.

"Then prove her that there's nothing to worry about," Coach said. "I'm sorry, Alyssa. My decision is final."

She cannot do anything about it, though. Even if she shout her lungs out, it's still not her decision that will change everything.

Bea Tan barge in the meeting room saying, "The guard called and said Laura has arrived."

Everyone was looking at Alyssa with a concerned look.  Worrying about the latter what will happen next. Alyssa sighed before she stands and started to leave the meeting room to meet her wife.

When Alyssa entered the office, the other door opened as well showing Laura who smiled as soon as she saw her wife. Alyssa walked towards her and kissed her as she whispered, "Babe, I need to tell you something."

"I have to tell you something, too," Laura said and looked at Alyssa's eyes. Although, Alyssa already have the idea of what Laura might tell her, she still nodded. Laura holds both Alyssa's hands, as if it's just the two of them in the room. "I'm sorry, I didn't tell you that I accepted coach's offer. I should've told you about it sooner but I wanted to surprise you," Laura said and gave Alyssa a sincere smile though she was kind of shy to admit that she wanted to surprise her wife.