There's More

"... Little Miss," a familiar voice echoed through my mind, slowly ridding of the fog that cobwebbed my brain. "...Open your eyes."

I stirred, not entirely sure what was going on... but not enough awake to care either. I felt a hand gently stroke my forehead, and my eyes squeezed a little tighter shut (I hope that's worded right).

"... Come on now," he continued. "Just a little more..."

My brain seemed to switch on after recognizing the mans voice. It would seem as though my body was voice-activated. If that makes sense. It was an attempt at humor.

My eyes slowly opened, and my senses finally fluttered into consciousness. At first my vision was blurry, and I couldn't make out who was sitting on the side of my bed.

I could see a large blob of black, which I guessed to be his hair. I could tell he wore a black and green outfit... and that just gave away the answer.

Loki.

Even though I still couldn't see, I was convinced the man sitting before me was Loki. So I sat up and threw my arms around his neck. His hair was curly and soft, and it smelt good... I couldn't compare what the scent was, because I've never smelt this before.

He chuckled a little and gently wrapped his arms around me, his hands were clasped between my shoulder blades.

"... What a beautiful gesture, but why do you feel the need to embrace me?" Loki whispered

By this point, I had tears rolling down my face. My figure was still weak, but quite tense. My hold on him was firm, where his, was weak.

"... We thought we lost you." I croaked, giving away the fact I was upset.

After hearing my gentle cries, Loki gently moved me away so he could better look at my face. I managed to blink the fogginess away, so I could make out most of what my surroundings were.

Oh Loki... I wish I could embrace you forever’ I thought. ‘If I ever completely lost you... I'd have nothing to live for."

"You know, I saw the way you expressed your heartfelt anguish due to my death... and believe me, I haven't been able to get it out of my head." Loki confirmed

Heat rose to my cheeks. I forgot Loki had access to memories and shit through something as simple as skin contact.

I looked down at the sheets that covered my stiff figure. A tear dropped from my eye, and Loki caught it effortlessly with his index finger. He gave a soft smile and wiped the damp areas under my eyes. After that, he gently stroked the side of my head, smoothing my wild black hair.

"I will never forget what you have done for me..." Loki purred. "Believe me, I am deeply honored. If there is anything I can do for you, name it."

I sniffled. "You already have."

He slightly cocked a brow and studied my face. "... Like what?"

"You spared my life on the day you began terrorizing my town. I simply returned the favor."

"... In a way. But then again, resurrecting the dead and sparing an innocent life are two very different things. There isn't a single thing I have done for anyone in my entire life that could compare to what you have done for me." Loki affirmed, inching his face ever so slightly closer to mine.

Loki had moved so close that I could feel the warmth of his breath on the side of my neck as he whispered. So sweet... so beautiful... so... way out of my league.

"That's only because it's not you." I stated. "A God of Mischief and Lies wouldn't be expected to save someone's life or bring the dead back."