Back Home

Jazmine -

"Mommy why daddy leave?" Kendra asked me for the second time with tears falling down her eyes, as she followed me into the kitchen. All day long she constantly asked me about Kendrick and it was depressing me.  I couldn't be mad at her though she was a daddy's girl and she missed her daddy. If he was gone five minutes she would cry so now that he's been gone for weeks it's been driving her mad.

"Kendra it's nothing for you to worry about go upstairs and play baby please," I pleaded trying not to raise my voice.

"But mommy, me miss daddy he not pose to leave me," She said breaking down crying. Rubbing my temples I sighed. Grabbing her I picked her up and placed her on top of the dryer.

"Hey hey princess stop crying okay, stop crying, I promise you daddy is going to come back home okay but it's nothing for you to worry about baby," I said wiping her tear filled eyes. She nodded her little head.

"But me love daddy mommy," she said seriously.

"I know princess I know," I said kissing her forehead.

"Go ahead and go play baby I promise I'm going to get daddy and he's going to come back home,"

"Okay mommy," she said before kissing my cheek. I picked her up and placed her back down. She ran back upstairs leaving me by myself crying. I called Kendrick again and it went straight to voicemail I sent yet another text but he didn't respond sighing I grabbed the basket of clothes and headed upstairs.

I didn't feel like cooking so I took the kids to McDonalds. I wasn't too much in the mood to eat so I was mostly sitting there deep in thought as they ate. I missed Kendrick so much, the drive back to the house had me deep in thought.

I was thinking about everything hoping and praying that he wasn't considering a divorce that he still wanted to be married. After getting the kids ready for bed

******

The Next Day -

Bryson -

I don't know what was going on with mama and pops but it affected us tremendously. Keith wasn't listening to momma at all neither was Kenneth, they basically ran the house and because she was tired momma let them do it.

Yesterday she didn't let us go to school, or the day before she said she just didn't feel like taking us. She canceled a show and her studio time and stayed up in her room all day. We literally ate junk food all day. Now normally this would make any kid happy but not me. I didn't like whenever momma was unhappy, but it was nothing I could do. I tried calling pops but he wasn't answering no ones calls or texts.

Pops can you pick me up today? Was the text I had sent him as I opened my locker. After five minutes of not receiving a reply I shook my head disappointed as I put my phone back in my pocket. Grabbing my physics book I slammed the door shut, while slinging my back pack across my back.

I started walking down the hallway when I heard a group of people yelling and arguing. Going to see what was going on I saw three boys beating up on this one dude.

Nobody was helping him everybody either had a phone out recording or laughing as he was being punched around like a punching bag. I couldn't just stand there and let him be beat up so I had no other choice but to jump in.

I started pulling one of the guys off of him and punched him in the face. The guy hit me a few times and I hit him back. "Hey Hey! What is going on here!" Principal Jackson yelled as he ran out of his office.

"All of you MY OFFICE NOW!" Principal Jackson yelled.

"THE REST OF YOU IF YOU DON'T WANT TO BE SUSPENDED I SUGGEST YOU GET TO CLASS NOW!"