Adopted

Bryson -

Everybody had left already to go to school and work, except me and Pops. I was supposed to be going to work with pops today, I honestly didn't feel like it but hey it was apart of my punishment.

I made up my bed, and went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth, washed my face, cleaned out my ears, then I hopped in the shower. Just as I grabbed my towel my phone rang from an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Aye you wanna come outside?" Diggy asked.

"I can't I'm grounded," I said.

"Oh well I'm already here," he said.

"Uh okay give me a few minutes," I hung and up and finished getting dressed. Pops was in the kitchen so I slid out of him and mamas patio.

Seeing Diggy outside I walked over to him. "Wassup bro!" He said as we slapped hands.

"Sshhh, my pops still inside," I said.

"My bad, aye I didn't mean for you to get in trouble with your people," he said.

"It's cool, I'm not really in trouble my parents didn't get too mad," I said.

"Yeah but man you didn't have to get involved it wasn't your fight," he said.

"So I wasn't about to stand around and let you be somebody's punching bag," I said.

"True, Aye you smoke?" He asked holding a blunt.

"Nah man and you shouldn't either," I said. Just as he put it away the back door opened and Pops walked out.

"You ready to go pop?" I asked

"Yeah... Who's this?" He asked me.

"How you doing sir, I'm Daniel everybody calls me Diggy," he said.

"Why aren't you in school Daniel?" He asked as he looked from me to Diggy.

"I Uh, got into a fight so I'm kinda suspended," he said shrugging. Pops looked at me, I guess in a way he was asking if Diggy was the dude I was helping. I nodded my head slightly.

"Okay then You can help me and Keith today, come on," And with that we were in the car on the way to the shop. Once we got there we left our coats in his office. He bought us McDonald's for breakfast we ate and got right to work.

Opening and cutting boxes, helping uncle Cole set up computers. I even worked the cash register. They had a sale going on for laptops, I sold at least ten today. Being in the shop made me want to ask pops for a job to make my own money. Diggy was enjoying it too helping Uncle Aubrey, with sales.

It was now five o'clock and the shop was about to close. I helped the customer, and then we cleaned up. Mopping floors, cleaning the windows, and locking up the computers. Once we got done We grabbed our coats and waited on pops.

Went outside and Pops finally came out. "Alright y'all, y'all worked hard, y'all deserved this," Pops said as he handed us $400 a piece.

"Yo thanks," Diggy said.

"No problem, you got somewhere I can drop you off at?" Pops asked

"Uh," he put his hands in his pocket and looked embarrassed. Where ever it was he didn't wanna tell us.

"It's really um, an orphanage, by the school," he said. Lowly.

"Don't worry about it come on," Pops said and we got in the car. When we made it home mama was in the kitchen cooking while everybody else was in their rooms doing homework.