1; a bit of history

Off on the east coast, was a laboratory-like building, heavily guarded and kept secret from the public

     Off on the east coast, was a laboratory-like building, heavily guarded and kept secret from the public. It's supposed job was to create weapons for people who were powerful and rich enough to buy them. These weapons were either machine or 'modified' humans, this is where Maxine was born.
     'Max' was brought into this world for a more sensitive project, which was recreating the super solider serum with the usage of animal DNA. In her first twelve years of life, she was treated like any normal kid, or as normal as you could get when you live in a lab. She was taught the same things as other kids, and was occasionally allowed to socialize with fellow children, born for different projects. It wasn't until Max hit puberty, when everything changed.
Her memories of early life in the lab were vague, but she remembered one day in particular. Strapped in a chair, confined in an isolated room until a handful of people, looking like nurses rushed in. One was carrying a large syringe, filled with strange, bright green colored liquid. No matter how much she struggled, the nurse was still able to insert the needle into her arm. They all soon left, and her memories of that day were only filled with pain and screaming. Nevertheless, the serum ended up working.

For the most part

     Max received strength and agility far more superior to a normal human, as was intended. But along with those attributes the girl, along with her advisers, discovered she also gained claws and sharpened canines, both retractable at will. As time went on, they also noticed her mood had a drastic change, becoming more animalistic and aggressive. Despite this, her new training began. Max was taught hand to hand combat, and how to use her new 'characteristics' in battle, this continued on for a couple years.One night, one of the heads consulted her, telling the girl that she was being bought out. Normally most people would be quite distraught by this, but this was what she had been raised for her entire life. So the next day, Max would never be seeing the laboratory again.