Common Romances.

Today, we shall go straight onto the point. Well, as this is my first chapter, you may find it rude. But WHATEVER. As I am in the mood of excessive amount of ranting. So, shall we begin with my first chapter? Ladies and gentlemen?

ROMANCE CLICHES I SEE ONE TOO MANY OFTEN.

No matter what age this is what happens: rich boy and hardly-middle-class girl.

Or, this happens in most cases: bad boy and good girl.

Heck. I had no idea this was even a cliche before Wattpad: guys always wandering around in YOUR apartment building half naked?

#1: CAR ACCIDENTS make them forget EVERYTHING.

If this is written strongly, it's actually very pleasing to read because there is desperation and love that is lost through the story which makes it the perfect time to slip more information into the main character, making them more "dynamic" in total (as we've introduced last chapter), but when it's written bluntly ONLY because the story is getting boring?!?!?!?!?!?!

#2: He LOVES her in, like, five chapters?

Sometimes, it's within the two chapters. Like, not only on Wattpad, but on other websites like Quotev, Movellas, it's repetitive. A lot of stories seem to claim that the two characters are "in love". Like, what?

#3: EPILOGUE: MARRIAGE.

This doesn't even make sense. Epilogues are there to "wrap things up" by adding a lecture, moral, or collecting what the entire book was trying to tell the reader in one short chapter, but when marriage is introduced, it's like, "are you serious right now? AGAIN?!"

Marriage is cute and when it portrays the difficulties of any romance can be solved, it's fine. In fact, I will LOVE a story that is like that. BUT when it takes a couple steps forward, it gets a bit... headachey.

#4: ARRANGED MARRIAGES?!

Like, what the hell? Normal people don't get married to mysterious rich people, okay? Not only that. The arranged marriage is cute, but I see so much of it happening at when the main character is freakin' seventeen! SEVENTEEN, people?! Do you know how young that is? This is NOT the nineteenth century. Get your head in the game---actually don't, because no matter what age, there is no explanation to ANY of this.

There is no background. Besides, to get arranged married in the modern world, you NEED at least a good explanation. Like two companies that want to converse, something that holds the family name sacred. Or, if you're going to do arranged marriage, make it so that it's less cliche.

Have the boy hate her. Have the girl hate him. Have the main character want him. Have the other character not want their married other.

#5: One Girl; Five Boys.

First of all: there are NOT that many fish in the sea! Secondly, what kind of girl gets five boys and portrays that as the majority of her life? Okay. Calm down. The thing with these stories, not only are they super artifical and are kind of obvious that the writer wants to have so many boys surrounding her, but seriously? 

If you write these, your main character is probably balling her eyes out on the inside that you've completely forgotten to write about! Because five boys and one girl is too much for a modern human being to handle. If this is going to happen, make it so that it's believable. No. Actually? Just don't write it, because not only are you making yourself sound really needy, you're making other girls like me cry on the other side of the monitor, wondering why I can't get those five guys this lucky b*tch I'm reading about has.