Late Problem Children: The Beginning

Autumn leaves swirled in the air as the last chime of the bell rang throughout the school. Rin began to slip out of her school shoes and into her brown laced ankle boots. She made sure to securely tap them into place. The dull orange haired girl began to wrap a crimson scarf around her neck, tying the ends in a small bow. After putting on her coat, she hastily grabbed her school bag and rushed out of the school doors in a blur. Rin ran past the school gate in a second, a couple of students taken aback from the gust of wind that the ginger haired girl had left behind. A small smile graced the girl's face as she ran through the concrete pavement, fall leaves trailing behind her as she turned towards her street. The speedy highschool girl happily halted to a stop in front of her apartment door, after bolting up the stairs and startling the landlord, she unlocked the door to her home and instantly felt relaxed. She walked into her apartment, closing and locking the door behind her as she took off her shoes. The orange haired girl exhaled a sigh of relief, she was glad that school day was over. After a long month of stressful work and boring teachers, she was getting tired of being crammed in the same seat next to the same dramatic people that she'd known since primary school. As Rin happily flopped her body onto her soft futon, the relaxed aura around her quickly changed as the doorbell rang. The highschool girl ignored the first ring, thinking that it was probably the apartment next door. Her mood slowly turned sour after the second and third ring. After the fourth ring, Rin grumpily sat up and walked towards the door, not bothering to fix her short and messy hair. As she opened the door, expecting to see a mailman or her landlord, no one was outside of her doorway. Confused, she slipped into her shoes and looked around.

"Seriously..? Is this a prank?" She muttered to herself as she glanced at the stairway.

With a disappointed sigh, Rin turned and headed back into her apartment but stopped abruptly when she noticed a strange red wax sealed envelope. Curious, she picked it up and opened up the letter. In an instant, flashes of words appeared before Rin's eyes and a rush of excitement filled her chest. The highschool girl could feel herself floating for a split second into an ethereal light and then falling. Wind howled in her ears as she looked around in awe. Sunlight flickered over the horizon revealing a forest and beyond. Rin could feel her heart pound out of her chest and sucked in a breath of air before falling into the lake. Swimming to the surface and onto land, she took notice of two other people that had fell with her. A dark brown haired boy wearing a dusty cloak cursed under his breath as he slipped it off and began to squeeze the water out. The other boy, from looked like a bartender, slicked his timber colored hair back and rolled up his sleeves. His golden eyes glared at Rin's stare. In response, she quickly looked away and began to squeeze the water out of her hair and clothes. The orange haired girl glanced at the sky and then towards the tan skinned boy. He gave her a confused look and rolled his eyes as he continued to dry off his cloak. An awkward silence fell on the group of three as they all tried to dry off. As Rin was able to squeeze out most of the water from her uniform, she looked at the forest around them. She took notice of two blue ears popping up from behind a bush.

"A blue.. Rabbit?" Rin said with a confused tone.

As the two other boys glanced at her and to the bush, a quizzical expression crossed both of their faces.

"We just fell from the sky, little lady. I totally wouldn't expect something out of the ordinary," The timber haired boy replied with a sarcastic tone.

Rin rolled her eyes at the comment and glanced towards the other boy. He shrugged at his statement and looked as if he agreed with the young bartender. Quiet whispers and ruffles shook the bush, an instant give away that someone or something was hiding from the group of three. The cloaked boy heaved out a sigh, he kicked the heel of his foot towards the ground and a large chunk of earth launched a cerulean haired girl and the small bush into the air. She screamed in surprise and fell in front of the group, her shocked expression looking up at the bartender with an intimidating golden glare.

"What's with the cosplay..?" Rin commented quietly as she looked at the blue rabbit's outfit.

She had bright crimson eyes a thigh length vest and red mini skirt with black stockings supported by garters and blue rabbit ears to top it off.

"That's definitely cosplay, yeah, uh. Sorry, I'm not into that." The bartender looked away.

"What?! This is NOT cosplay! Black Rabbit will surely have y-" Her mouth was immediately covered by a blond haired boy with headphones. His lavender eyes confidently locked into a gaze with the timber haired boy's timber ones.

"You'll have to excuse her, the name's Izayoi Sakamaki. Welcome to the Little Garden, if you die, that's not my fault--"

"Izayoi! That's not how you greet our guests, you idiot!" Black Rabbit squealed as she slipped out of the blond haired boy's grasp.

The blue rabbit sighed as she sat up and smoothed out the creases of her skirt. She placed a strand of her cerulean hair behind her ear and cleared her throat.

"Welcome to the world of Little Garden! This realm is place where anyone can challenge another to a game. These games can be life threatening or even just for fun! Each game must have a prize and regardless of what it is, you can win money, land, people, and resources! And because you three are here, I'd like to challenge you all to a game!"

The group eyed each other suspiciously and nodded their heads. A cocky smirk was plastered across Izayoi's face, the timber haired bartender only yawned in response.

"Very well!" Black Rabbit exclaimed as she clapped her hands.

A floating scroll appeared before the group, it stated the rules and winning circumstances of the game.

"This game will be very simple, it will be a sparring match between either Izayoi, myself, or someone among you. You are allowed to use your gifts." Black Rabbit explained as their surroundings faded into an open field.

"May the game BEGIN!"

***

First chapter: DONE

Second chapter: In progress~~ please wait ;w;

Thank you for reading~