Chapter 1 : Meet Cute.

Chapter 1

Amsterdam, 2018.

10:35 am.

Some more hours to get back to Dallas. I couldn't really wait to get back there after a whole week. And here, My mom has already called me for like 55 times, to make sure I was okay and I could fly alone.

Oh yes, This was the first time I had been traveling without my mother because she would always tag along with me. And to my good luck, I wasn't nervous, not at all.

I readjusted the backpack on my lap, making my way inside the Amsterdam airport. But my suitcase teetered precariously on the rubber ridge and it rocked from one wheel to the other. And Just when I tried to right it, my book that was under my arm, slipped from there. Even my belongings were so clumsy as me.

You got to be kidding me.

I blew a strand of hair from my face and by the time I gathered my belongings and reached for my suitcase again, It was no longer there. Turning around, I was surprised to see a guy standing beside me. Not someone I knew. My eyes traveled from his face to where he had gripped the handle of my suitcase. His own bag was slung over his shoulder too.

He was young, so attractive. In fact, very attractive. He was tall, and had bright eyes that regarded me shrewdly. It took me a minute to find my voice.

"That's my bag." I finally spoke up. Shouldn't I sound stern about it? I felt embarrassed, because I realised I had been gawking at him. What even. Even he didn't reply to me for a while, I felt a tension building up in me. Whereas, Just a minute back I mentioned that I wasn't nervous. Jokes on me.

"Oh yeah. Sorry but It seemed like you might need some help." He shrugged. Perhaps he wasn't surely planning to steal my bag but if that is the case even, it wasn't a very well planned initiative. I really need Stop thinking ill of everyone.

After a moment, I nodded in agreement and extended my hand to have my bag again but he tipped the suitcase forward onto its wheels, casually walking front by my side.

"Hey it's.." Well he didn't let me finish.

"It's fine, miss. Allow me." I hesitated for a while. I don't even know him and here, he wanted to carry my bag. But nevertheless, we began to walk. I noticed that he was taller than me by at least six inches and he had to duck down his head to speak to me.

"Where to?" He asked. His voice was warm, he looked mildly interested but he was polite. Cute.

Okay what?

You were just thinking ill of him and now he is cute. When did I become so bipolar?

"Dallas." I replied, and he chuckled lightly.

"I meant, where are you going now?" He repeated. Oh well, I clearly don't know where is this heading.

"Oh," I replied, rubbing my forehead. Embarrassing. "I don't know, maybe I'll just grab myself some breakfast."

"Okay." He said simply, looking down at me. There were no cafes to my view so I stood on my tiptoes, turning in a small circle to get a sense of the restaurant choices. I could feel him waiting beside me, is he actually deciding to come along?

Not that I'd mind.

After what seemed like forever, I pointed to a cafe which was a few gates down. And luckily, my gate was also at the same direction. I glanced at him questioningly but instead, found his eyes fixated at me. His smile was rueful. I couldn't really read his expressions.