Chapter 2 : Meet cute II

Chapter 2.

It's been three days but I couldn't get over him. He said he will be in touch and that was bugging me. He didn't. And I don't know why I was having expectations. Come on Nur.

When I told Eliate about him, she just got so curious and even googled him instantly. To my sheer surprise, he was actually a successful billionaire who owned his company named Asif enterprises. I also remember her telling me that none can be immune to his looks. I had to agree.

Well she also said that his actions seemed like he was quite taken with me. I mean, taken with me? Isn't that ridiculous? Whatever.

I was sitting behind the counter of my bookstore and silently eating my sandwich, with my mind stuck on the same thought. Then, for some reason, I glanced up and received the biggest shock of my life, standing at the counter and staring at me.

I wanted someone to pinch me, was I so engrossed in these thoughts that I am hallucinating him in front of me?

Seriously? I mean..

"Good to see you, Miss Kabir." His gaze was unwavering. I am not dreaming. What the hell was he doing here, that too looking so unexplainably good and outdoorsy in his outfit. Shit.

"Shehryaar." That's all I could manage to say, and it seemed like he was enjoying my nervousness. I was blushing furiously under his steady gaze.

He is really here. Holy hell

Mind me if i forgot to mention, he was just not good looking. He was breathtaking.

Taking a deep breath, I let out a professional smile, "What brings you here? Is there anything you need from our store?" My legs were suddenly feeling like jelly.

"Yes. You." He paused. What? "I would like to steal you from the store right now." He murmured, and my heart almost started strangling me, because it was in my throat trying to escape from my mouth. He was here for me?

"Your shift is till 7 pm I believe. So you are allowed to leave, and i am obviously not even accepting any excuses." His lips quirked up in a half smile and I glanced up at him. Instant regret. He is just so handsome, god!

With that, he extended his long fingered, beautifully manicured hand to me and I looked around nervously. The other staff were not in sight so I didn't wait. I placed my hand in his. As our fingers touched, I felt an odd shiver run through me. I blinked rapidly.

"Let's go." With my hand in his, We walked together down the corridor to the elevators since my bookstore was in the third floor of a commercial building. We stepped inside and I gazed down at the floor, my cheeks were radiating heat. 

The door opened and much to my surprise, he still didn't leave my hand. No one has ever hold my hand. He led me out of the elevator. All this while, he didn't look back at me.

Coming out of the building, we stopped waiting for the lights of the pedestrian crossing to change. The green light appeared and we started walking again. My hands still in his, I have never crossed a street with my hand clasped in someone's.

We reached a coffee house which was just some blocks away and he let my hand go to open the door so I can step inside.

"What would you like to have?" He asked politely as a we got us a table for two.

"Coffee." I replied with a small smile.

"Sugar?"