Wanted (1)

Used to spend my nights out in bar rooms
Liquor was the only love I'd known
But you rescued me from reaching for the bottle
And brought me back from being too far gone

•••••••••••••

There was a sense of happiness in the air. Stomachs were full, the sound of giggles was loud, and overall, everyone in the room felt at peace...Almost.

Dakota was sitting stiffly on the comfortable couch as the smallest person in the room was being praised and paid attention to by the one they all left behind.

Dee.

He was tall and buff now. He used to be so lean, so vulnerable. Now, all muscles. He could see the peekings of tattoos on his upper bicep, the one they all got for his 17th birthday. The one that he had gotten lashes for when his father found out. He could still see the haunted eyes of his old best friend as he showed up on their front steps at 4 AM with blood soaking his clothes.

How could they ever abandon him? What had gotten into them?

Though, he will admit that it was mostly the threat of their downfall that kept them away. It was the fear of being separated that held them all at a distance and eventually, ending up separating them anyway.

He was brought out of deep thoughts about the past when he heard his name. He hummed questioningly, looking away from Dee, who seemed not to notice him staring holes into the side of his face. He was pulled aside by Alec, his face stricken with worry. "Babe," He started.

Dakota took in a deep breath, going to dismiss his behavior, but was interrupted. "I know how you feel," he said. "I miss him so damn much, but we can't speak about the past around Sky. He is too innocent, he can't be brought into the past. He just can't-"

"It'll be okay, he isn't in it. He won't find out, but eventually, he will be told and I'd like it to be from us, not someone else. He doesn't need to always be kept in the dark, hun. Even if he is our baby," Dakota emphasized. "This needs to be made clear to everyone involved," he continued.

"Okay,"

They nodded in sync almost, understanding the point of the conversation. Neither were angry or confused. They walked calmly into the living room again with blank faces. "Daddy!" Skylar cheered, happy to see the man. He reached his arms up and pouted until he got what he asked for without words. "I like fren, why I no meet him sooner?" he said with wide doe eyes. Dakota sighed, glancing at the man in question, and sat down, bringing him to his lap almost immediately. "Baby, he's a very old friend of ours, and I'm sorry you haven't met him 'till now, but we'll be seeing him more often now,"

He's so happy that he starts jumping in Dakota's lap. He laughs at him, taking a glance and seeing the fond looks. "When'd you guys get him? And where can I get someone like him?" Dee brings my attention to him. "Not long ago. Maybe a few months, and just around the corner from where we live. I'll show you sometime,".

"I'd like that," Dee smiles sadly. Dakota is taken back in time for a moment. All of them, sitting in the backyard and staring at the sky. They talked all night about the future. About how they would always stick together and not be like the rest of the world. "It's okay, Dakota. I forgive you," his voice says. He barely heard it over the loud beating of his own heart. "You shouldn't," He said back. Nonetheless, he let it go and come back to his senses.

"I want to discuss something with you," Dakota tells him. He smiles briefly, before turning his attention back to Skylar. He was trying to climb over him and get on his shoulder like a parrot. "Baby, you're not a bird," Dakota says, but he just giggles and steps on the metal belt buckle again. He moved his head to allow the boy room, but then he grabs his neck and puts his other foot on his head. He squeals when the man takes his entire waist in his hands and throw him in the air. When the small boy fell on him, he put him on his hip with a grin. 

"Again, again!" He grins brightly at him. Dakota smirked, looking to the floor. It wasn't a long shot, so he went for it. He put him onto his knee and bounced him so hard that he came an inch from the floor. His eyes got wide as ever and he looked like he was two seconds away from crying when he was hoisted back onto the older's lap.

"Again?" Dakota taunted. He heard someone gasp, probably one of his husbands, but then the child eagerly jumps and agrees.

He burst out laughing just as the doorbell rings. Then, a boy with blue hair and a woman who looks just about as tall as he was, give or take, walks in. They both shoot straight for Dee, the boy jumping on his lap and the woman standing near them both with a smile on her face. Slowly, she looks around the room to find the grown men looking at her. "Hello," She says politely. "I'm Aimee," she said, introducing herself with a gentle smile.

Dee comes around to her, holding the other boy like a koala whilst he wrapped an arm around her waist. "Guys," he starts, "This is Aimee, my wife,"