Wanted (3)

"So, where are y'all coming from?" Aimee asked Skylar whilst searching the fridge for something they could eat. Skylar turned red at the attention. "I'm from the Blue Line state, I don't know what it is called but my old parents talked about it a little bit," The woman hummed, then stopped and pulled a bucket of yogurt out. She grabbed two brightly colored plastic bowls and matching spoons out a long draw. "Well, hun, this is about 3 states away, but what you're talking about is Michigan. Michigan was turned into the Blue Line state because the roads are all marked up with blue paint and marker, which was meant to serve as a guide away from the supernatural, but that didn't work too well. No one bothered to wash it off, so the rain has that task." He remembered how it always rained. It was always freezing cold there, though he was sensitive to the cold, so he wouldn't be the one to say it was hot.

"Why didn't they just wash it off like normal?" He asked curiously. Are people really that lazy? "Well, people were scared to go outside. At that time, the world was changing rapidly, and no laws were in place to keep humans safe. Normally, if someone went out, it was to get food when it was absolutely necessary,"

"Well, that's silly. Supernaturals won't hurt us in the daylight, at least not now. My old mom and dad used to go out all the time, but they left me in the house to clean and cook. But I used to see snow! It was cool," Aimee stopped in her tracks, watching as the boy lost himself in his words. "One time, it snowed us in, and I got to sleep downstairs!!" Aimee was gobsmacked. "Where did you sleep otherwise?" Her tone was gentle. She felt bad for the boy because she had never imagined someone having a bad childhood. She had loving parents and a great home.

"I slept in the attic all the time. They didn't have air but there were windows!" He was trying to make it sound as good as possible, to not get pity, but his efforts were unsuccessful. "It's okay, though, I realized that this was way better than being with them, so I'm okay with being like this now." He said. Alec and his other daddies didn't really acknowledge it, but they had seen an entirely different attitude when they had gotten him back from being kidnapped. They didn't bring it up, just enjoyed it.

They were interrupted by Dakota and the others bounding over to them from the office. "Oh, are y'all leaving already? We have dinner cooking-"

"Yes, I'm afraid so, they need to get going in order to beat the...weather," Dee said, straining his words before he cursed in front of the 'kids'. "They're using our vacation home in the woods by the mountains for a few weeks. I'll tell you about it later," he motions to the men who are putting their coats and shoes on. "They are not safe here, at least for the time being. We are, but you can't say you know them," he sighed. "The council is helping them eradicate the problem," he said wistfully. Aimee gasped, eyes wide.

"They never help anyone, is it really that bad? Honey, I don't-" she started to get worked up, face flushing red. The council was known to not have any issues with leaving the needy to themselves. But they weren't that poor or needy at all, they just didn't act like the stuck-up rich people everyone thinks them to be. "I don't like this, they are good people, shouldn't we report this-" Dee shushed his wife calmly. He guided her to the living room, shooting a smile towards the people who were now exiting the house and heading towards their holiday home.

"They will be alright,"

GUYS, it's been so long since I last updated. I feel terrible about it. But here is the chapter, I'm writing the next at the moment and if it would have flowed, I would've just made this one longer. I'd like to get to know yall better, so drop a comment or dm me your social to talk if you want or need to!