Chapter 4 - Trying Normal

It had been 2 months since the field trip when she got her powers. She could now control them because she had decided to experiment on herself to see what she was able to do so that she could hide her powers.

She didn't want to deal with it and just wanted to live a normal life with a normal high school experience.

Ever since that day, Betty has changed. Her attitude, the way she speaks to people and everything in her mind is different.

Everything about her has changed and Liz noticed but Betty won't tell her why at least not yet anyway.

Betty hasn't hung out with Liz since before the field trip. And Liz kept begging her to spend the night at her house but She said her mom grounded her and she didn't want to go anywhere or even leave her house for anything besides school. But it had been long enough Betty thought that it was time to really live again go places see people. The first thing she did that day at school was she asked Liz if they could hang out this weekend.

Betty: Hey, so do you want to hang out this weekend?

Liz: omg yeah finally

Betty: alright your house at 5 on Friday right?

Liz: yep can't wait. So glad your not grounded anymore.

Betty: yea me too.

After Betty talked to Liz they went there separate ways waiting for it to be Friday.

Friday came and Betty brought a bag of clothes to school and put it in her locker to take with her after school to go to Betty's.

Betty and Liz got into Liz car after school and drove to her house.

They got into the house and Betty went to Liz's room to put her stuff down. She saw a picture of spiderman on the wall, with a news article from the Daily Bugle the head line said
Who is spiderman?
The neighborhood menace
or
The neighborhood hero?

Liz walked in and saw Betty looking at the picture and article on the wall.

Liz: Hey so what do you... oh you saw that.
Betty: Yea, so do you like Spider-Man or something?
Liz: I guess but I just want to know who he is you know, and how did Peter Parker get his picture anyway.
Betty: Yea how did he get that picture and also what do you want to do?
Liz: I was just gonna ask you that.
Betty: Well it's only 6 so do you want to go out and get Soda, Chips, and pizza. Then rent a movie?
Liz: Sounds great. But you don't want to go to a party or something?
Betty: I guess, but I don't really know anymore.
Liz: Why? I always thought that you would want to go to parties and stuff. Betty: Well I'm not sure and I haven't really talked to anyone in a while but I do want to get my life back to normal so maybe?
Liz: Oh, I thought the first thing you would want to do was go out so I told Flash we would probably be coming to his party tonight.
Betty: Oh well I guess you already told him we were coming maybe we could for a bit.
Liz: If you didn't want to go it's fine.
Betty: No no I'll
Liz: Ok then let's go.

As Betty and Liz drove up to Flash's house, they could hear the music blasting and the lights shining from inside the house.

Liz: Are you sure you want to go?
Betty: Yea come one it will be just like the old days when we used to go to parties every Friday night.
Liz: Ok, Flash said that like half the school is here tonight.
Betty: Great, maybe my life can get back to normal and I can forget about the craziness for just one night.
Liz: Why, Do you keep saying you wanna get everything back to normal what's different?
Betty: I don't know I just haven't really talked to everybody in a while and other stuff but I don't wanna talk about it.
Liz: OK, I guess we should go in, lets try to have some fun tonight.

If you're reading this please comment you think will happen next.
❤️💙

Please comment predictions or recommendations for me to read thank you and hopefully I'll be posting more soon.

Thanks for reading❤️💙