Chapter 7 ~ First Day

Jewel finally got to school. It was cold and she wasn't sure if she would ever get used to it. Walking up the steps of the school, she remembered the first thing she needed to do was go to the main office to get her schedule and a map of the school.
The bell go off before she walks into the main office. She hands in all the paperwork her dad gave her that she needed for her first day. As she was leaving with her schedule and map she jerked open the door too quickly and 'bam' she hit a girl in the head on the other side of the door. "Oh my..., I'm so sorry, I'm such a klutz. Are you ok?" She said "Yea I'm fine, are you in a hurrying something?" The girl said. "Well kinda, it's my first day, If you couldn't tell that already." She said. "Yea I could tell. Ok then let me be the first to welcome you to Midtown. My name is Betty, Betty Brant. I'm a sophomore here and I think your gonna love it her as much as I do." Betty said. "Thank you and my name is Jewel Foster. I'm a sophomore too. Maybe we have some classes together?" Jewel said. "I don't know let me see your schedule." Betty says as Jewel hands it to her. "Well, we do have one class together, US History Honors but that's not till 9th Period. Here I'll walk you to you're first class, English 2, it's room 207 with Mr. Waterfield." They walked to room 207, which didn't take long. "Good luck, Jewel." Betty said with a warm smile and then walked back down the hall and into the main office.

Jewel took a deep breath and opened the dark green door and walked into room 207. Everyone looked up. "Hello, I'm Jewel Foster, I transferred here from Orlando, Florida." She handed Mr. Waterfield the papers she got from the main office. "Oh yes, we have been expecting your appearance, so glad you could join us today. In this classroom we have assigned seating and since your new here, I'll place you can next to, Mr. Stone. He will catch you up on everything to make sure that you are on the same page as us. We are reading 'Macbeth', where we are analyzing and discussing universal themes of Power, greed and mortality while tackling Shakespearean language, you can take your seat and follow along." Mr. Waterfield said. Jewel sat down, listened to them reading and didn't say anything for the rest of class.

Sitting in class Jewel started to think about Florida, her old friends, her old school, her old life and how much she wanted to go back, but she had to trust her father to do what was best for both of them. So with her headphones in her ears and her music blasting, she kept to herself the rest of the day. She didn't even talk to Betty in History and kinda blew her off.

Jewel took the long way walking home from school she goes through Main Street (Queens) in New York City, where she see this person gliding through the air and landing on the rooftop of a building down the street. the person was wearing a red and blue outfit from what she could see. She looked around and everyone seemed normal but she wanted to find out for herself who and what this thing was, its not like when she goes home she has anything to do besides homework.

Jewel started walking back down the street and turned into the alley next to the building the person landed on. She climbed up the fire escape on to the roof of the building. As she was putting her left leg over the side of the building her right foot slipped. She screamed. Her left leg started slipping from the building. "Ahhhhhhhhh!" She said as her leg fully slipped from the building and as she was falling to her demise and closing her eyes she was caught. Caught by something strong and it stuck to her. It grabbed her back just before she hit the ground. Then she was slowly lowered to the ground and when she went to look back up to see what it was that caught her, there was nothing there, confused she looked down the alley but it was what was in every other alley, fire escapes, dumpsters, dead things and bad smells.
It was a mystery.

Ok so if you all have been wondering where I went I took a short break from writing. And never told anyone, but I guess you figured it out. I really want to get back to posting consistently. Ever since I got back I've just enjoyed writing even more, and I think this break really helped be to realize what writing means to me. It where I can go to explore all the different kinds of worlds I create in my own imagination. It's my escape. So I really really hope you guys love this chapter and the next chapters coming. Love you all thanks for the support.❤️💙