treize

Jaemin headed down one of the many hallways of his school towards history, blinking the strange stiffness out of his eyes and trying to brace himself for another week of school. He had gotten zero sleep last night, thinking about maybe one or two people he had spent his previous Saturday with. Which, by the way, had been two whole days ago, so he shouldn't have been giggling about it like some lovesick puppy at that point. But no, his brain decided to be weird and gay. As usual.   

Just then, his shoulder knocked against the one of someone else's, hard. He rubbed at it tiredly and looked up to see who it was, but only caught a flash of golden-brown hair before he was being shaken madly by the shoulders, one of which still kind of hurt, and was being pulled to the side of the hallway, towards the faded red and blue lockers that he hated so much. 

"Nana — hey, fucker, you dead?" 

Ah yes, I know who this is. 

"'Sup, dumbass? Want someone to teach you how to keep your shoulders to yourself?" Jaemin yawned out the end of his sentence, and perhaps thats was why the meaning was lost to Donghyuck. 

"I don't have time for this," Donghyuck waved him off, "Anyway, what were you doing last weekend? Especially on Saturday, what were you doing on Saturday?" 

Jaemin paused for a second, a couple scenarios involving his best friend in a fake mustache and a trench coat running through his mind. "Why do you want to know..." he trailed off warily. 

"Well, first thing is that when I sent you a text Saturday afternoon, you didn't reply. It's still sitting there dead, by the way. Usually, when I text, you reply in at least half an hour with a meme to go with it. That's suspicious," he babbled, narrowing his eyes at the boy. "Also, my friend said she saw you with someone last Saturday walking into the cafe she frequents. Who are you fucking without my permission —" 

Jaemin's eyes widened, and he shushed Donghyuck loudly, maybe even more noisily than Donghyuck had been talking. Now, Donghyuck was his best friend, but could he really trust this certified dumbass with the classified information of his kind-of-date? Oh shit, he was already talking. 

"I went on a fucking kind-of-date with two fucking people and I'm really fucking confused, help me, you useless hoe!" Jaemin grabbed the boy by the shoulders and shook him for good measure. 

Donghyuck stared at him, vastly unimpressed, and peeled Jaemin's fingers off his shoulders. He then smiled at the other boy faux-sweetly, then brought his phone out and sent a text. 

"Hyuck, you're meant to be helping me, not snapping random hoes during school hours." Donghyuck smacked the back of his friend's head, with force that Jaemin assumed was absolutely purposeful.

As he rubbed the back of his head, Donghyuck put away his phone and spoke while examining his nails. "I do not know how to help you, babe, but I do know someone who might. Now, I could look up 'guy likes two guys' on my phone —" He held up the rubbery red case, the screen turned away from Jaemin, "— But I'm afraid of what might come up and taint my innocent eyes."

Jaemin snorted derisively and Donghyuck hit him again. As the former was shaking out his arm, Mark, of all people, came walking up to them, half-empty bag slung around one of his shoulders. He sent the two of them a smile, looping an arm around Hyuck's waist as he arrived to stand by them. 

"Cut it out with the PDA, you absolute thots," scolded Jaemin. Donghyuck stuck his tongue out at him, saying he was just jealous and Mark just looked back and forth from the two, not yet used to their aggressive banter.