•| c h a p t e r f o u r |•

Look out for these in the chapter:

[Y/N] = Your Name

[H/C] = Hair Color

[F/C] = Favorite Color

∆Unedited∆

*•••••••••••••×••••••••••••¤•••••••••••••×••••••••••••*

|3rd Person|

[Y/N] didn't get much sleep that night. Was it her fault that her best friend died? She could have done something.

But she didn't.

She couldn't even provide a proper send off for her.

The waterworks wouldn't stop and soon the sun was peeking over the horizon, bidding the dark, night sky goodbye.

With red, teary eyes, she pushed herself off the matress and walked over to the bathroom. Looking at mirror, she saw the dark bags under her eyes and tear stained cheeks.

And the face of that bastard.

Her resemblance to her 'father' was uncanny. She quickly fell to her knees, holding her stomach. Hunching over the toilet, she puked.

Due to an empty stomach, she only threw up acid. With shaking legs, she stood up and continued her morning routine.

Not feeling in the mood to wear a skirt, [Y/N] grabbed some sweats and a hoodie and skateboarded her way to school and have a silent reminder to do the laundry.

With a playlist consisting of Set It Off, Fall Out Boy, grandson, Panic! At The Disco, My Chemical Romance, and many more blaring from her ear buds, she felt herself relax a little.

Sighing, the [H/C] and [F/C] haired girl realized that she had forgotten her notebook. She was fluent in sign language but preferred using written notes as it was much easier to communicate.

Stopping in front of the school, she flipped the board into her arms. She received many stares before being tackled to the ground by none other that Honey.

"Ayame-Chan! We were so worried yesterday!" exclaimed the loli.

[Y/N] smiled, remembering her alias as Ayame Mitsuki.

'Good morning and thank you for your concern.'

The group was confused, looking over at Kyoya for an explanation.

"She says good morning and thank you for your concern for her. I see you have forgotten your notebook," said Kyoya.

The [E/C] eyed girl's smile turned into a sheepish one as she nodded. A few seconds later, the ringing of the bell scattered the students from their friends, prompting them to go to class.

That day, our protagonist's first class was music. She made her way to the music room with Tamaki, silence following close behind.

The teacher explained their lesson plan for the day and the students dispersed, either in groups or alone.

"Ayame, what instruments do you play?" asked Tamaki, curiously.

She pointed to several that were within view but stopped when she saw a particular one. Her eyes lit up as she walked towards it, inspecting it of damage.

Once satisfied with her inspection, she sat on the stood of the drum set, repositioning the snares and symbols to best suit her small form. And she began to play.

The students stopped and watched in awe as the the gentle girl went crazy on the instrument. Even students from other classes came to watch her.

The crowd that was gathered, cheered for [Y/N]. They watched as her eyes turned a bright yellow, smile spreading across her face.

"Oh my God! Look at her eyes! They changed colors!" exclaimed a student.

"That's so cool!" shouted another.

[Y/N]'s face turned a light pink from those words. Sure, she had gotten those compliments many times, but she couldn't get used to receiving them.

And if anything, she thought of her eyes in a very negative way. They changed color according to the emotions she was feelings. If she felt more two at the same time, each eye would have a different color.

It had become this way because of the many experiments done on her. It was a reminder of the pain and suffering she had to endure.

As the song ended, [Y/N] was overflowing with euphoria. She felt as if a large boulder had been lifted off her shoulders. She had let lose all of her emotions in that one song.

The said girl flinched as the gathered crowd cheered. She had completely forgotten they where there.

Suddenly, her anxiety came crashing down on her. She backed into the corner of the room, confusing the students.

Kyoya pushed himself through the crowd. He knew very well what she was dealing with. After all, what kind of Ootori would he be if he didn't?

Teachers started calling students back to their assigned classes.

The last bell of the day rang and students scattered into the hallways. [Y/N] joined the same girls from yesterday and walked with them.

They were quick to pay the entrance fee, including hers, much to her disliking. The group sat down at a table as the short girl went to talk to Kyoya.

'About the offer.'

"Ah. Have you decided yet?" he asked.

She nodded.

'I have decided to join the club.'

*•••••••••••••×••••••••••••¤•••••••••••••×••••••••••••*

[A/N]
This isn't exactly 1000 words. But it's close enough. I'm currently working on another fanfiction when I'm not writing this one. So, basically during school and when I don't have wifi. Ya, I don't have data, unlike some of you lucky ducks.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I have a different writing style now. What do you think? I also introduced you to some of [Y/N]'s struggles. I may not know what it's like to have PTSD, but I do know what it's like to want to die everyday. See you soon (hopefully)!

-Fi, the Author