Chapter 2

(Note: when the words are just in italics, that's Melody thoughts. When they're in italics and in " they're Vincent's words. When things are underlined and are in italics, those are sounds.)

     Melody arrived at her locker, she started gathering her things. "Don't forget about your homework, you need to get that done. You have science, math, don't forget about music too." Vincent commented, trying to get her to grab her stuff, but none the less, she didn't.
     If I have all this homework to do, I won't have any time to do my own thing. Melody thought, knowing Vincent reads her mind. That's how they communicate when Melody is in public. Vincent can read her mind and what she projects towards him.
     "Yeah, and then you'll get in trouble, and then you won't be able to do your own thing for a long time." Vincent replied with an annoyed tone.
     I can just do it in the morning, you know all the answers, you just have to tell me them.
     "And what makes you think I'll give you the answers?"
     Because you don't want me to get in trouble. Vincent huffed, she was right. Melody smiled to herself a bit, she knew Vincent too well to let him win their arguments.
     Melody finished grabbing her things and started her walk down the stairs. Once she got down the stairwell, she went outside to the front of the school. It was bustling with activity. Kids were running around, going on buses, riding bikes, and getting picked up by their parents. Melody sighed, her parents were barely ever around anymore, 2 of her 3 friends were orphans, and she sucked at anything involving physical activity.
    Melody started her 15-minute walk home, Vincent was following, rambling about God knows what. Melody half listened to him.
     After what seemed like hours, she arrived home. She walked into her house and went upstairs to her bedroom, Vincent not far behind...